Different signal strengh/quality at two connection sockets

deepness

Registered
Hi,

i am new here and hope you can help me with an issue:
i have installed my sat dish yesterday. According my LG tv i have a signal strengh of 100% and signal quality of 100% at 11836 MHz H (in Germany) at connection socket 1 (office). It only can find over 1000 channels.

In the living room (connection socket 2) i only have 10-12% signal strengh and around 80% signal quality at the same transponder. I only able to find around 150 channels.

Configuration:
80cm Dur Line dish -> 4x Dur Line LNB -> 4x Cable to basement to Dur Line over voltage protection -> 4x Cable distributed to other rooms in the house.

Already checked:

- Cables from LNB to overvoltage protection are all OK and have been cross-checked (connection socket 1 has always perfect values, connection socket 2 always bad)

- Connection sockets at overvoltage protection have been cross-checked (connection socket 1 has always perfect values, connection socket 2 always bad)

Does anybody know where the the issue is?
Maybe its the old cable (25-30 years old) which goes from overvoltage protection to the living room (connection socket 2)?
To the office(connection socket 1) there is a brand new cable.

Thanks in advance!

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Could you try cable 2 on a different port on your 4 port LNB ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure if it is cheap. Because cable at socket 2 is in a cable pipe which is absolutely packed. I cant move the cable. Its stuck.

As el samak says then it seems it is the cable

deepness

Registered
It actually was the socket. It was an cable tv data socket. Changed it to an sat socket. Problem solved! ;-) Thanks!