Satellite receiver not working

pulkass

Registered
Hallo, my Zgennah5, works for 5 minutes then the image and sound disappears, antenna cable is ok, anyway during (lockdown)the signal antenna meter gives 0 !!!, if I switch the receiver on then it works again 5 minutes then off again, it s a receiver problem, ???? To be repaired ??? We have had one month of rain, can it be somehow that the reason ??? Thanks .

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
If receiver is still working in that you can bring up the menus but your not seeing any signal it could be water ingress in the LNB. Try another LNB.

georgeflu

Registered
sounds like lnb , or cable, or a connection problem in cable (from the dish) .
first check the f connectors

pulkass

Registered
It works, system receiver image opena tv 6.4 and the channels come up, but 10, minutes, then it disappears.

pulkass

Registered
We did!!! Why an F connector works 10 minutes, then l switch the receiver off and then the receiver works again 10 minutes .... couldn't it be the receiver broken ?? Not sending voltage to the lnbs?

pulkass

Registered
WATER

yes we ve had 4 weeks of heavy rain, still raining, my guess is yes, water on the lnb s --up on the roof, two story up, cannot go until spring, hopefully it will be cold dry northern winds, but then why it does work 3 minutes then stops ???

smithysmudger

Donating Member
Does it work (stay on) with the satellite cable disconnected from the receiver that will eliminate any external faults?

pulkass

Registered
Thanks l will try later. At the moment l m just too emotionally distressed. All day long looking to make this fkn receiver work. Plus rain enters my electrical disjointers, the heating does not work. My earth rate is too fast. I m on the bed trying to relax. Thanks.