Best 1.2m motorised satellite setup.

Blackhawkdown

Registered
Hey guys I'm doing a bit of research into motorised satellite dish setups. I see that the Gibertini 1.25m dish is highly recommended but I was told it wouldn't be good to motorised it as its heavy. I see that the Technomate TM-2600 motor says it can handle dishes upto 1.4m tho. I don't want to go buying something and it not work. Its a bit of a mindfield out there I feel. If anyone can give me a bit of advice thank would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Blackhawkdown

Registered
Hi no it will be pretty shaded from high winds. I will be installing it on a pole or tripod. In the garden. Behind a building. Have you had an experience with STAB-USALS satellite dish Motor HH120? Thanks

Rickk

Registered
stab is good but better darkmotor with metal gears and automatic drive play compensation

Blackhawkdown

Registered
Thanks for the reply guys. I'm now considering which receiver to purshase. But there are so many I can't decide. Is there a particular one that stands out from the rest or are they all basically the same. I have been recommended the vuplus solo se version 2

net5ua

Registered
I'm looking at servicing/refurbishing/updating my current motorized set-up which was installed in Jan 2015. All is currently working well.

I've a 110cm dish and would love a 120cm dish as I sometimes get weak signals on 7°E feeds, but not sure I'd like one in the recent gusty winds - the pole is 2"/50mm, so should I upgrade to a 3"/75mm pole to provide more stability in the strong/gusty winds?

I currently have a quad LNB and am considering replacing with an octo LNB - any thoughts as to what sort to buy?

My current cables are just 2 x single Triax RG6, each only about 6m in length - I'm thinking of upgrading to 8 x Webro WF100 cables - wondering whether I should get 8 x single cables or 4 x twin shotgun cables? Perhaps I could get 2 x single cables, one of which would be the powered motor cable and 3 sets of twin shotgun cable? Are there any pros and cons? The single cable looks like it has more shielding?

Will need to take a look at the motor the box for which I have in the loft. Still working fine, but I take on board what has been said about the Alsat Supreme Dark Motor.

Is there any general servicing of the motor or dish that I should undertake? Check bolts on brackets are still tight etc? Any advice received with thanks.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
If your using a diseqc motor there is not really any maintenance needed. As for wf100 cable over 6 meters i dont feel youll see any benefit.

net5ua

Registered
Thanks Ferret.

I've just been into the loft to get the motor box details - it's a Technomate TM-2600 M2 Metal Drive Diseqc H-H Motor and says it's a 'Zero Drive Play', 'Tolerance Free Drive', 'Extremely Low Noise' motor!

The Dish is a Triax TD 110 and I'm using Technomate TM-5402HD M3 receivers plus a TBS-5925 for the 422 feeds.

I think the old adage 'if it ain't broken don't fix it' is probably advisable in my case.

As I've a quad LNB I'll simply get another couple of (Webro WF100) cables hooked up so as to use all four rather than the loop through.

Many thanks for your input and advice :)

Last edited:

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Signals at 7° East are much improved now with the new sat there , Your motor is just fine its still the latest version of motor available and it should really not stop i have had my TM2600 M2 motor for many Years and still going great : )

Technomate TM-5402HD M3 box is still okay just no further updates will be possible as Technomate stopped supporting all their branded boxes a few years back but it still does its job and is very user friendly .

To upgrade your dish you would really need a ground mounted pole , a Actuator Arm , a V-box , 4-core Electrical cable to run into the V-box from the Actuator , A Polar mount matching the dish and that can be tough to find since Channel master Polar mounts are really hard to find , unless you go with other brand dish and Polar mount but ground mounted Pole regardless is a must do scenario .

With all that said i believe you still have a very modern up to date set up and the only thing that will make a bigger difference is dish size and going up to 1.2m is rather pointless as you'd find weak feeds require at least 1.6meter or ideally 1.8 meter dish sizes to catch and lock without interference .

This is a very interesting and good postings that you are making @ net5ua its always refreshing to read such good informative genuine posts i hope you find some positive results , and finally my last advice if upgrading your LNB

Then please take a look at this LNB from our forum Sponsor
=> https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/universal-and-unicable-lnb/Technomate-LNB/Technomate-TM-4-gold-LNB

i am Testing this LNB out on my 88cm dish it has stunning results and is a seriously under rated LNB for the price ,
good luck @ net5ua :thum:

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the reply guys. I'm now considering which receiver to purshase. But there are so many I can't decide. Is there a particular one that stands out from the rest or are they all basically the same. I have been recommended the vuplus solo se version 2
Look Here => https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/4k-uhd-digital-receivers/vu-plus-zero-4k

vu-plus-zero-4k is Linux but a really great box for the price i bought one from forum sponsor a while back and its a really great box to work with :thum:

other than that i'd say TM5402 M3 IF 4K is not required and you have a small budget to work with then this will be fine => https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/technomate/Technomate-TM-5402HD

please post back if you would like further advice or help ,
cheers !! :thum:

net5ua

Registered
Many thanks Barney - I'm a quick learner but have so much to learn - you guys are kindly providing expert info for which I'm obliged and most grateful - thank you :)

Xede

Registered
Then please take a look at this LNB from our forum Sponsor
=> https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/universal-and-unicable-lnb/Technomate-LNB/Technomate-TM-4-gold-LNB

i am Testing this LNB out on my 88cm dish it has stunning results and is a seriously under rated LNB for the price ,
good luck @ net5ua :thum:

I'm in a similar situation with 110cm dish but thinking of upgrading to a dual LNB. Any idea how it compares to the INVERTO Ultra especially for feed tuning?

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Top Quad LNB's i have tried and Tested
#1 Technomate TM-4 Quad LNB
#2 Golden Media Quad LNB
#3 INVERTO C120 BLACK Pro Quad LNB [ Prime Focus Dish LNB ]

Best Twin LNB is Golden Media Twin by far beats everything
else i have tried comparing weak signals on 7 East and 3 West
and stronger signals and feeds on 28E etc..Golden media wins hands down .

INVERTO Black Ultra Twin LNB majority of members here do like it a lot but i have tried it myself and found it not to be very consistent on any of my dishes [ 88cm,1.2m ], but its just my opinion others will not agree i am certain ...

The Inverto Black Premium Quad i have tested but found other LNB's an awful lot better which is why i refuse to give it a worthy mention .

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND THE INVERTO C120 BLACK Pro Quad LNB Works really Fantastic on my 2 Meter Prime Focus Dish its almost 2 years now and still for me the best C120 LNB out there :thum:

william-1

Feed Hunter
Golden Media Lnb :thum: is the best for feeds & does not overload like the IBU does on some strong signals,