Receiver suitable for Intelsat 907

StarFinder

Registered
I would be grateful for any advice about a receiver for Intelsat 907 specifically to receive BBC channels.

I've read that the one to go for is the Technomate 5402, however as a pensioner that one is out of my price range.

I have seen this model that I can buy on Spanish Amazon for around 35euros:-

GTmedia V7S HD DVB-S/S2 Satellite Receiver GT Media 1080P USB WIFI support YouTube Biss key cline Upgrade From Freesat V7
The specs state:-
1, 1080P Full HD DVB-S2
2, Support PowerVu, DRE & Biss key
3, Support USB PVR Ready and USB wifi to Network Sharing
4, Support Full speed USB 3G dongle.

My question is would this receiver be capable of receiving BBC channels etc. on Intelsat 907, and if so, can BISS codes be entered given the above specs?

At present we are using a Transponder TV package but with our slow ADSL speed it's not too good.
I still have my 2M offset dish from when Sky was available here in Southern Spain, so the infrastructure is there.

Years ago I used to be a radio and TV engineer so still "Electronically with it" as well as being computer literate.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated,
James.

Pickle

Registered
Using GTmedia V7S for Intelsat 907

Im currently trying this .... got as far as entering the BISS codes, but can't get the satellite installed as the scan returns 'no programs found'. About to try using VPID,APID method but so far no success (only been at it for a day or so)....!

rogerdavis

Registered
Im currently trying this .... got as far as entering the BISS codes, but can't get the satellite installed as the scan returns 'no programs found'. About to try using VPID,APID method but so far no success (only been at it for a day or so)....!

Funny I just tried same thing, but do not think it can get to 44100 as always get no sig found.

Have u found any other recievers that work in the end guys

rogerdavis

Registered
GT Media V8X new DVB S2X HEVC model works fine with those.

can you point us in the right direct about searching on the v8x, i can get the transponders off 27.5w but not any channels either by blind search or PID ?

Thanks in advance

geordie_e

Registered
Hi
How did you get it work?
My friend in Spain bought a GTMEDIA V8 NOVR blue box this morning.
I have been on all day... keep getting no program found.
I have a techonmate and have no problems setting them up..
I am tearing my hair out... even did the pids search etc... still nada !
Cheers