Go Back   Sat Universe > New Members Section > Account problems

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Threads not marked as read after I leave

Account problems

Old 29-05-2019, 00:40  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,355 Times in 578 Posts
Default Threads not marked as read after I leave

Not sure why,it show me new posts from several days ago in all sections.
Before,I use to leave the forum and when I come back would show me ONLY the new posts from after I left.
Now I get the same old posts marked as unread.

I tried my settings,but not any option to mark all as read.
This happened a week or so ago after the forum asked me to log back in,was not automatic,and was not marked as remember me.

Something wrong in forum settings?
Just asking.
I would like to mark all as read when I leave,which was automatic before.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kebien For This Useful Post:
barney115 (29-05-2019), sahafe (29-05-2019)
Old 29-05-2019, 00:56  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 95,895 Times in 19,596 Posts

yes i notice this glitch also .
hopefully something admin can do to resolve that problem ,
cheers !
The Following User Says Thank You to barney115 For This Useful Post:
sahafe (29-05-2019)
Old 29-05-2019, 01:23  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 3,677 Times in 769 Posts

I went to quick links and marked forums read, seems to have solved the problem for me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martin.Wigston For This Useful Post:
barney115 (29-05-2019), sahafe (29-05-2019), shishmish (29-05-2019)
Old 29-05-2019, 02:21  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 95,895 Times in 19,596 Posts

Good fix worked for me : )
The Following User Says Thank You to barney115 For This Useful Post:
sahafe (29-05-2019)
Old 01-06-2019, 22:03  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebien View Post
Before,I use to leave the forum and when I come back would show me ONLY the new posts from after I left.
Now I get the same old posts marked as unread. ... I would like to mark all as read when I leave,which was automatic before.
Well, I think that before that 'glitch' it was faulty and now it's OK.

SU was the only forum where new, but unread posts were automatically marked as read after leaving the forum or even refreshing the page. It was so unpleasant, when opening SU and if forum jammed, after hitting refresh all posts were marked as read before I had read them.

Now it is OK as in any other forum - if I don't read everything at once, I can go back and continue reading new posts.

Solution - manually mark all posts as read - is good option if someone needs clearing all unread posts before closing the forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to MickeEst For This Useful Post:
barney115 (01-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 14:16  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,355 Times in 578 Posts

I did experience that before,when even new unread were marked as read at leaving,but it is normal behavor,in my view,since I find it very improbable I am gonna need to go through new posts that are in sections I would ever read because are not my interest.
And every forum I go, for many years,behave it the same : all mark as read at leaving.
Why would I want 200 new posts every time I log in in a section i never been in?
I think that's the reasoning of marking all read automatically when you leave .
Old 07-06-2019, 16:34  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 27,171 Times in 3,800 Posts

Such issues are usually related to cookies. If you don't accept them when you are prompted to there is no way for browser to know what you've read and what you didn't. If there is ever an issue first thing to try is clearing cookies and starting out fresh.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rocknroll For This Useful Post:
ViVA_MTV (07-06-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 17:23  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 3,677 Times in 769 Posts

There does seem to be 2 different behaviours, on the home page, after logging out and back in, new replies are marked as read but in the control panel (subscribed threads) all unread threads remain unread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocknroll View Post
Such issues are usually related to cookies. If you don't accept them when you are prompted to there is no way for browser to know what you've read and what you didn't. If there is ever an issue first thing to try is clearing cookies and starting out fresh.

Last edited by Martin.Wigston; 07-06-2019 at 17:26..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin.Wigston For This Useful Post:
manic01 (08-06-2019), Rocknroll (07-06-2019)