How do I install new plugins on Amiko 8900 hd

Data

Registered
Could some kind soul explain how i get any plugin to install. It is not the same as my vu duo or dreambox. It is a brilliant little box, but for the life of me I am lost trying to install them.

Data

Registered
I have tried ftp'ing the files over and changing the attributes to 755 but still I cannot get a single pugin to work or bee seen in the plugin section. Is there a special type of plugin I have to look for?

Yaro

Registered
I for one am positive that the only right way to install plugins for Amiko 8900 is the one through a pendrive. I tried ftp'ing soooo many times and I always failed, with a pendrive it works.

Data

Registered
Please YARO gives us a run down on how to install the plugin please. the more detail the better for us.

Yaro

Registered
There's nothing hard here. You SHOULD have a 32-bit pre-formatted USB-stick (preferably KINGSTON, other types should be tried separately, by me the UDISK 4 Gb works OK). Make sure you have only ONE partition on your stick, this does not mean you should have only 1 directory on it - as many as you want. Please create a folder (directory) with a name "plugin", open it and paste the material you want to install (a list of channels, or a plugin, e.g. Proton Tools for sharing) in it. Stick the pendrive into the USB-slot and wait, you''ll see the prompt "Install a new plugin?", click "Yes" and wait until all the operations end. You also should receive a confirmation of the successfull installation, otherwise repeat all anew. Sometimes you'll need to reboot the tuner and start your new applications (list of channels will change automatically after the reboot).

This is basically it. Good luck.

By the by, E2 is installed onto Amiko 8900 also with the USB-stick.

Last edited:

Data

Registered
Thank you a very good well laid out answer for the rest of us.
Do you install E2 plugins the same way?

Last edited:

vizitema

Registered
This is only for Spark .For Enigma are several solutions. it depends on which E2 are you using.Usually you have to extract and copy the plugin files in specific folders (user-lib-enigma2-plugin-extensions).And dont forget to change the attributes when needed.

Yaro

Registered
Could you explain how you use a usb to install a E2 plugin on a usb pen. thank you in advance.:thum:

Well for now I'm staying with Spark, having though E2 installed as well. The process is all the same, the only difference is that you name your directory on a flash (pen-drive) enigma2 and all to be installed you drop into it. All the rest is I guess self-explanatory :) At least this worked by me, should work by you, too. Avoid using pen-drives with 1.0 protocol, they are slow and very often completely incompatible, which disables their usage. E.g., I have one of such 1.0, and I never can install any image always having 7 70 on the display, while it always is OK with installing plugins. Using then 2.0 protocol flash corrects the situation. This all written is to avoid any misunderstandings.

Good luck, Data.

P.S. Are you by chance a fan of the StarTrek? I am :)

Last edited: