How to record data EMM stream

cpr43

Registered
Hello

Can someone point me into How to record PV data EMM stream log (.bin) using Dreambox DM800HDse??

Thank you!!

kebien

Registered
You just have to log pid 0x5A using dvbsnoop.
Make sure you have dvbsnoop installed (many images have it,just type in telnet window dvbsnoop and the help file should pop up if installed)
In order to use it you need some training,build experience.

you use it always in telnet through a command

type
dvbsnoop -b -n 10 0x5A > /tmp/emm.bin

This command tells dvbsnoop to
record in binary format -b
to record 10 packets -n 10
record pid 0x5A
record to /tmp/
with the file name emm.bin

You must experiment with its use,since this is an example,10 emm packets is too little for the purpose,but /tmp in a dm800hd is very small too,so the only workaround is to record to internal hdd (or usb hdd or flash drive)
the path to the recording then must be
/media/hdd/emm.bin (given this is the correct path to your drive)
Depending on the provider,you would need to record several thousand of packets,which takes time.
So you must learn on the go what you need.
Some providers will send a complete spool every 10 minutes (and you need several complete spools in order to find valid keys faster),some might take days or more.
Again,take it as an experiment.

over 10 years ago we were using DVBlogger plugin,which installs as a regular plugin and you log with few clicks,but the project have been abandoned.
Oscam could simply adapt the code to just record the raw EMM in binary format using a cmd (simple) or through the webif (more complicated),but this have never been spoken to the keepers.
Maybe someone can do a whole linux community a favor and introduce this ability.

This is the logger we were using
LET ME WARN YOU THIS IS NOT TO USE IN YOUR RECEIVER !!!,IS OLD,PROBABLY NOT EVEN E2 BASED !!! AND I AM POSTING THIS ONLY AS AN EXAMPLE,AS A TEST.
A NEW ONE IS REQUIRED FOR THE PURPOSE !!!

Last edited: