Go Back   Sat Universe > Nothing to do with SAT > General Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Satellite receiver recommendations

General Chat

Old 28-06-2022, 00:02  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Satellite receiver recommendations

I am looking for a new satellite receiver to replace my busted Chinese variant. Something with at least one USB 3 port. I was thinking about a Gigablue Trio or Dreambox One? Is there anything else of this type?
Old 28-06-2022, 09:57  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Marching On Together !

Thanked 21,439 Times in 8,506 Posts

Also look at the Octagon SF8008 my opinion better than the Trio.

Gigablue UE 4K
Viark Sat 4k
Japhar DM8000
A8P DM800SE
Formula Z7+
Eachlink x3 Mini 4GB+64GB
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ferret For This Useful Post:
bonou2 (28-06-2022), ChaLeeBoy (28-06-2022)
Old 28-06-2022, 16:02  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
Also look at the Octagon SF8008 my opinion better than the Trio.
I am very tempted by the Dreambox One as it has much more power but I read about software problems. Is it perfected yet?

I am looking at it becoming a multimedia machine so I can plug in my external HDD's to view my extensive video library.

All in one box with Sat and terrestrial.
Old 29-06-2022, 17:50  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Gigablue,Octagon,Edision y Vu+
The Following User Says Thank You to jdavid22 For This Useful Post:
ChaLeeBoy (29-06-2022)
Old 29-06-2022, 18:45  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Think I'll stick with my now fixed HiTube 4K for what's opening. No point throwing cash away, besides if nobody buys anymore perhaps the box manufacturers can get off their butts and figure out a solution.
Old 04-07-2022, 15:06  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I've been reading comments on the Octagon SF8008 on Youtube and the consensus is that it suffers due to a lack of RAM. The design of the receiver had to be modified due to user complaints and is now V2 with things moved around and tuners improved. If I do upgrade it will have to be just right, if you know what I mean.
Old 05-07-2022, 15:14  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Well after doing some comprehensive research my conclusion is that there are several receivers out there that almost match my specifications but no one box ticks all of the boxes. I think that is a real shame. USB 3 needs to be more widely implemented and there should always be at least 2Gb of RAM and a CI slot. I also think tuners really ought to be interchangeable, too often receivers offer an odd combination which can't be altered.

Last edited by ChaLeeBoy; 05-07-2022 at 15:17..
Old 05-07-2022, 16:09  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

A guy 'in the know' suggested my next receiver should contain a HiSlicon chipset. Perhaps look at the Octagon Sf8008 and PULSe 4K.
If you want blindscan capabilities, the PULSe looks a bit weak.
As more content is being broadcast in 4:2:2 format. Buying a new receiver that doesn't support it would be kind of a waste.
Enigma2 receivers are a plus also. Who wants to be locked into cheap chinabox firmware?
It's said that Broadcom is getting out of the FTA receiver chipset line. And if you look deep into chipsets, they are several years old. Even in the 'newer' receivers.
My 'next' receiver will be pc/card based. Good cards like the TBS line are iffy. Some seem to work well and others...not so well.
Read unbiased reviews. The Octagon might be a winner.
The Following User Says Thank You to ArloG For This Useful Post:
ChaLeeBoy (05-07-2022)
Old 05-07-2022, 16:11  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Marching On Together !

Thanked 21,439 Times in 8,506 Posts

Take a look at this

Removable tuner slotted
USB 3
2 gig Ram
CI Slot

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...se-twin-dvb-t2

Gigablue UE 4K
Viark Sat 4k
Japhar DM8000
A8P DM800SE
Formula Z7+
Eachlink x3 Mini 4GB+64GB
Old 05-07-2022, 18:13  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
Take a look at this

Removable tuner slotted
USB 3
2 gig Ram
CI Slot

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...se-twin-dvb-t2
Quote:
***THIS VERSION IS FITTED WITH TWIN DVB-T2 TUNER MODULE***
This box looks good but the shop does not offer a choice of tuners and it gives the impression that these are not interchangeable. I would prefer a selection of tuners that can be plugged in and swapped around.