having many senior moments with my dreambox one - please help.

scrotejim

Donating Member
I need to ask for some help, I have spent countless hours trying to set up my new Dreambox one with oscam.

I have upgraded from a DM520 to the Dreambox one, I've installed several images and I have been unable to get Oscam working.

So my question is, which is the best image to load on the Dreambox one that uses OSCAM ?

I have a working cccam subscription which I understand can work on the DM-one, but I cannot get the config files to operate under oscam.

I have the Dreamelite image installed right now, but I have an issue with telnet, I don't have the password to login,.

The dreamelite image is supposed to have a blank password but that fails, root/blank, root/dreambox, root/dreamelite all fail.

I've set up the tuners and scanned in the Hotbird channels, no problems, last remaining job is to get oscam working, and I am in despair.

Please help an old enthusiast, struggling to watch TV.

Many Thanks indeed. james

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I need to ask for some help, I have spent countless hours trying to set up my new Dreambox one with oscam.

I have upgraded from a DM520 to the Dreambox one, I've installed several images and I have been unable to get Oscam working.

So my question is, which is the best image to load on the Dreambox one that uses OSCAM ?

I have a working cccam subscription which I understand cannot work on the DM-one, but I cannot get the config files to operate under oscam.

I have the Dreamelite image installed right now, but I have an issue with telnet, I don't have the password to login,.

The dreamelite image is supposed to have a blank password but that fails, root/blank, root/dreambox, root/dreamelite all fail.

I've set up the tuners and scanned in the Hotbird channels, no problems, last remaining job is to get oscam working, and I am in despair.

Please help an old enthusiast, struggling to watch TV.

Many Thanks indeed. james

The login issue your having is because you need to give the image a password look in the plugin menu you maybe able to change it there.

If not start a telnet session with root as user

Then type

passwd and hit enter.

Type in your new password twice and reboot

That will now give you FTP access

scrotejim

Donating Member
Root password

Many Thanks for your reply,

I have loaded the Satlodge image and used the plugin to generate a root password, Then I used telnet as you suggested and I changed the random password to a familiar one.

I've re-configured and rescanned and all is well

except I need to work out how to make Oscam to use my credentials.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Credentials you mean you need to convert your cline to oscam ?

scrotejim

Donating Member
I mean that the oscam/cccam provider has given me correct credentials that work on another enigma2 box, inside cccam and he sent me a text file that is supposed to include my userid/password/server etc for Oscam, but it is defeating me at the moment.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You will need 3 oscam files these may already be there as they could of been installed at the time you installed oscam.

You Need

Oscam.conf
Oscam.user
Oscam.server

You line details go in oscam server like this.

[reader]
label = remote
protocol = cccam
device = example.dyndns.org,12000
account = user,pass
group = 1
caid = 0963
cccversion = 2.1.4
reconnecttimeout = 5

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I read your question again and yes, if I could convert my clines to an Oscam config, that should work, Many Thanks, james

See the red parts break your line up server address port user and pass and enter them where the red wording is

[reader]
label = remote
protocol = cccam
device = example.dyndns.org,12000
account = user,pass
group = 1
caid = 0963
cccversion = 2.1.4
reconnecttimeout = 5

scrotejim

Donating Member
Thank you, I am having no luck with the SatLodge image,

There is a plugin, which gives me a selection of Oscam versions to install, I selected the latest version, which installed OK, but then when I try to use another plugin to query or configure Oscam, I get error messages ERR111, connection refused.

I have updated oscam.conf & oscam.server manually with the info from my provider, he sent me 8x clines which I have put into oscam.server & .conf and I still get no decode.

I will abandon satlodge and try a newnigma image, I'm going crazy here, every step forward brings me another issue to resolve.

scrotejim

Donating Member
I tried the 21-02 version of Newengma this morning but I failed to get the tuners working so I went back to Satlodge, now I am wondering which one to try next.

note: i looked up cccam2oscam and it's a windows executable, I do all my stuff on Linux and use filezilla for the ftp etc

Last edited:

scrotejim

Donating Member
Success, Finally have an operational DM One.
I installed Dream OS, an Enigma2 image and after installing a fresh Oscam with correctly configued confiig files, it sparked up and now the box entertains me, instead of creating stress.

One question I have, which an expert may have the answer for, is:

Why are new images published that require me to seperatly install the DVB tuner drivers afterward the main install, I mean, why aren't the drivers part of the orginal image ?

I wasted many hours installing images only to fail with no functional tuner software. I assumed that a daily image would be up to date, this caused me to abandon serveral installs as I couldn't configure the tuners. I'm sure there is a reason for this.

My next challenge is to configure the box for IPTV, can anyone offer me some short cuts to help me scale the learning curve ?

Many Thanks to the members who offered me advice and help, it is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
JediMakereXtream plugin

This creates channel bouquets from your IPTV sub details.

scrotejim

Donating Member
I think in this machine. Your opinion on it?

Sorry for the delay in posting a reply, my notifications for this thread are not active.
The dreambox one is nothing special, I've simply become familiar with the dreambox range over the years, hence my choice,
perhaps other members may be able to offer you a more technical response/

scrotejim

Donating Member
May I ask any member to advise me how I can get PVR buttons to operate in Enigma2 when viewing IPTV movie channels ?
I can watch a movie from within a bouquet but cannot FF/Rewind/Pause etc.

Thanks in advance. jim