SIS-Live has closed now @ Astra 4.8°E – 12149-H-27500 - 12419-H-27500

william-1

Feed Hunter
Astra 4.8°E – 12149-H-27500 - 12419-H-27500

No signal now on these transponders SES Live has closed @ 4.8 east

I have scanned 12100 to 12500 @ 4.8 east no new S/R or new frequency :(

delboy123

Registered
It will be back up and running when horse racing in Britain resumes.
When horse racing was first halted those channels were just showing an sis placeholder image.
Hopefully not too long ��

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
They had Virtual Racing which can be done online to be showing i understand bookmakers are shut down but if so then why not just run Test cards until things go back to normal again ?

i guess SiS have decided to stop paying for Satellite tramissions or had to switch off their uplink station for the time being would be a more reasonable explanation ?
i just scanned 4.8 East and no more SiS :mad:

william-1

Feed Hunter
View attachment 446885I read somewhere that SIS were thinking of moving over to Terrestrial microwave links to the UK Bookmakers,

This system employs Earth-based transmitters and receivers,

The frequencies used are in the low-gigahertz range that limits all communications to line-of-sight.:(

I will check out the local bookmakers to see if they are installing any microwave receptors like this:-

Last edited:

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
i phoned my friend just now who owns the local bookie shop
i asked him to check his official SiS box to see what happens he was there switching everything off ...

but he says " no signal" message on-screen and to contact their helpline number for inquiry after June 1st 2020 signal has stopped due to CoronaVirus Pandemic ,

He said he did get a letter delivered to his home today instructing him to switch all power off except CCTV at his premises and stay home until further notice .

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Yes my local bookmaker is actually open today i was in few people there also making bets for Saturday's Virtual Aintree Grand National .
i was shocked as anyone but no more than 3 people allowed in at once : )