Some C-band transponders not being detected by Zgemma H9S

fmanzoor

Registered
I have two receivers, one is a Zgemma H9S and an inexpensive Chinese MPEG4 one. I do not know exactly what chip that device has I am guessing it has Sunplus 1506.

What is my problem?
I use the Chinese receiver for setting and fine-tuning my antenna's alignment on roof. When I get down to my TV, I do not get signals/detection of some C-band transponders for 38E on my Zgemma. I cannot get 4033H2400 and 4038H6150 on my Zgemma but I do get good signals for those transponders on my Chinese receiver. Is there anything that I need to look into/check to make the missing transponders to appear on my Zgemma.

Mods/Admins, please feel free to move it to correct section if this is not the right section.

Tommix

Registered
I having the same problem but with 36e satellite. Cheeap chinese box works and shows channels while Zgemma show 59% signal and do not show channels. Chinese tuner shows 75% quality and 98% strenght. Looks like Zgemma uses really crappy tuner. Tried all images -all of them show the same so it's 100% hardware related.

I een bought new LNB, new dish, readjusted it - still this crap wont work, only in super good weather conditions which is not right now. If zgemma shows 61% it works, if 59% -it doesn't. ONly 2% difference but i just cant get those +2% to stay always.

Last edited:

fmanzoor

Registered
I did not experience any problem with signal strength as if I had better reception on my Chinese receiver than the Zgemma. The issue which I experienced is C-band specific and I have had like zero (to none) problem with Ku band on my Zgemma.