Octagon 8008

hazzardboy7

Registered
hi, can anyone say for sure, if the powervu channels will clear without the need for stream relay on a Octagon 8008.

thx

hazzardboy7

Registered
update, octagan arrived today, it works well powervu works with no stream relay needed as i was kindly told, its fast as well, ive not found one issue yet, apart from my tripe card reader wont work with it for some reason, it keeps losing the cards, othert han that, im happy with it.

Has anyone used a micro chip on one of these, and not a usb stick, or usb hard drive, if you have any problems, im thinking of maybe getting a 500 gig or larger one, anyone know of any problems
thanks

hazzardboy7

Registered
update, octagan arrived today, it works well powervu works with no stream relay needed, its fast as well, ive not found one issue yet, apart from my tripe card reader wont work with it for some reason, it keeps losing the cards, othert han that, im happy with it.

Has anyone used a micro chip on one of these, and not a usb stick, or usb hard drive, if you have any problems, im thinking of maybe getting a 500 gig or larger one, anyone know of any problems

Lastly has anyone used a usb hard drive with the size of 1TB on this octagon, i wonder if this is to big.
thanks

dxn

Registered
update, octagan arrived today, it works well powervu works with no stream relay needed, its fast as well, ive not found one issue yet, apart from my tripe card reader wont work with it for some reason, it keeps losing the cards, othert han that, im happy with it.

Lastly has anyone used a usb hard drive with the size of 1TB on this octagon, i wonder if this is to big.
thanks

I have conected a usb hard drive 2TB, works just fine.
Microship is good if you want to use with multiboot.

hazzardboy7

Registered
thanks, got the new hard drive working

i have another problem, but i dont think its going to get fixed, unless its a driver problem.

here is the problem its driving me round the bend, a few years ago, I brought a octagon 4008, and a years before that a dreambox 800se.

The problem im having is my triple smargo reader, its the orange cased version, i have downloaded the usb drivers and inserted the 3 cards, all works fine, all 3 cards decode, however they keep freezing, and when i look at the oscam log, i can see the reader has lost the card, then the card is back again and i have a picture, this happens about once every couple of mins, if i remove all 3 cards,and just have one in the reader, it works fine, also if i use 2 smargos (one in each usb port i get no problems)

Ive used this triple reader in both the octagon 4008 and the dreambox 800se, with no problems, any ideas, it seems the new octagon 8008 dont like it, the problem is i have 3 cards, and only 2 card readers now, as the 3rd usb slot is being used by the hard drive.

Is any one aware of any problems with these triple card readers with this 8008 box.

I tried this afternoon, putting the triple reader back on the older octagon, and it worked no problems, for over an hour.
Im using the latest version of open vix image on both octagons

thanks

Last edited:

natedogg20050

Donating Member
thanks, got the new hard drive working

i have another problem, but i dont think its going to get fixed, unless its a driver problem.

here is the problem its driving me round the bend, a few years ago, I brought a octagon 4008, and a years before that a dreambox 800se.

The problem im having is my triple smargo reader, its the orange cased version, i have downloaded the usb drivers and inserted the 3 cards, all works fine, all 3 cards decode, however they keep freezing, and when i look at the oscam log, i can see the reader has lost the card, then the card is back again and i have a picture, this happens about once every couple of mins, if i remove all 3 cards,and just have one in the reader, it works fine, also if i use 2 smargos (one in each usb port i get no problems)

Ive used this triple reader in both the octagon 4008 and the dreambox 800se, with no problems, any ideas, it seems the new octagon 8008 dont like it, the problem is i have 3 cards, and only 2 card readers now, as the 3rd usb slot is being used by the hard drive.

Is any one aware of any problems with these triple card readers with this 8008 box.

I tried this afternoon, putting the triple reader back on the older octagon, and it worked no problems, for over an hour.
Im using the latest version of open vix image on both octagons

thanks

This is an Issue with the Smargo readers which cant be fixed besides by the smargo team