Dual Feed Hotbird/Astra2

argiuse

Registered
Hi, I'd like to receive Astra2 and Hotbird channels with a single dish. Is it possible to buy a LNB support to do it ? Where?

Thank you so much

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
What you will require to achieve Astra 2 and Hotbird channels => https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/Satellite-dish-accessories-brackets-and-holders/Technomate-Triax-Multi-4-Way-LNB-Holder-bracket

at the moment Availability: Out Of Stock ...
but you could try message forum Sponsor World of Sat => https://www.sat-universe.com/member.php?u=503686

There is a more than decent chance that he will be able to help and ensure you do not experience any long delay ,
i have dealt with forum Sponsor World of Sat and found response to be very fast and a very efficient business that he is running .
Good luck : )

georgeflu

Registered
as i do not see area and dish size... i am not sure that it is absolutely easy...

also, about the bracket, i am sure, that this bracket does not match to all dishes...

and... except the lnb, you will need also a diseqc switch...

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
That bracket will work but you should go little bigger dish Triax 88cm would be ideal you may well suffer some signal loss on Astra 2 due to quite a few channels being on the tight UK spot beams but you can get Astra 2 and Hotbird but you will require a diseqc switch and 2 LNB's may be even three if you wanna try for 19.2E Also .
it will take a little work and likely end up much more expensive than going with a dish plus disecq motor which would be the much more wise option and less expensive give you much more sats and channels for your money .

georgeflu

Registered
having a look in fly sat beams... except the "2G" beam which is in a very high level, the others need about 70-80 cm "clear" dish (i mean straight center 28.2). anyway you can "forget" the uk beams.

now... for receiving both satellites, i suggest about 1m dish, and center about 19.2 -21,5 (to have a clear receive about 80cm in both satellites).