Updating oscam in bin format. What file do I need ? For Vu+ Zero 4K

Jeff10101

Registered
Hi

I have my first VU+ Zero 4K. With OpenPli 7.1 and have installed latest Oscam in ipk format.

I want to upgrade from now on using the bin file.
But I don't know what file I must download.
There seems to be so many different versions.
(mipsel / arm /armv8 / ...) This is all new to me.

Can you point me in the right direction please ?

When I have the file, I just upload it to: /usr/bin folder
Or must I overwrite a file ?

Thank you

ro_54

Registered
I use arm or armV7 version.
after unzip it, using DCC program, copy the oscam or oscam-emu file in usr/softcams directory and change attribute to 755. reboot your box.
press blue button on remote, goto 4.softcam manager menu, press blue button to activate oscam (see check mark on the square next to oscam name). that's it. good luck.

Jeff10101

Registered
I use arm or armV7 version.
after unzip it, using DCC program, copy the oscam or oscam-emu file in usr/softcams directory and change attribute to 755. reboot your box.
press blue button on remote, goto 4.softcam manager menu, press blue button to activate oscam (see check mark on the square next to oscam name). that's it. good luck.

So Juli13, is the only person I should download from ??

oscam-11568-arm_dream.zip (599.9 KB, 49 views) from Juli13 ??

Is this the correct file ??? Or am i looking wrong ??

Thank you so much for helping me.
It's a learning progress for me. Glad I have not a DreamBox.
This is difficult enough for me.

Last edited:

ro_54

Registered
version 11568 does't work good for now: sound is lost when changing channels(was confirmed by other users). i'm back to version 11566. juli13's version is most compact version. there are many other versions, but all have the same sound issue for version 11568. i'm using original openvix image on my zero4k, being updated very often (hXXp://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/), but this is my taste. i have same issue with version 11568 on my dreambox, so do not use this version for now.