What STB is it? A request.

yezior

Registered
Hi everyone.
The problem is that the front panel of the stb has the label DVB 800HD PVR and no other labels or stickers under the box. Under the cover of the device there is a fan on the heat sink,so I'm pretty sure that it's a clone of 800HD. However, the SIM card is 210 with a gold hologram that indicates 800se, I suppose.
Would you be so kind and tell me what box it is. I need it to solve the problem with tuner A = empty.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
No the 800 also came with sim2.1 so its a sim2 800hd

It would not flash a 800se image or visa versa if it was the 800se it would just report image wrong architecture if you tried.

yezior

Registered
Many thanx Ferret. I appreciate your help.

it would just report image wrong architecture if you tried.

it really used to be.

After many trials I managed to solve the problem with Tuner A. The posts on this forum were really helpful. Starting my adventure with 800hd clone.

Last edited:

toysoft

The sim for DM800HDpvr used by Dead Sim2 team were first the 1.0 yellow with little pcb with hill (chip), then same but white for 2.00 thennthe 2.01. Then they used a real simcard 2.10 but it would have the DM800HD or DM800 in the baci printed amd NOT DM800se that would work only on a DM800HDse hardware.

So as it looks like you have a wrong sim in the box, you need to find the right sim for your box or find one that works on all as the Japhar but thatneeds the right software inside for your box hardware.

I suppose naturally the your box has a black and white lcd on the frontpanel, as you state it is a DM800HDpvr.

TS

yezior

Registered
Hello toysoft.
Have a luck that such great mates are concerned with my issue.
Yes, my lcd is B&W.
As to the SIM, when I tried to flash lots of different images for 800hd then, I just wanted to check it, I set (via NCF by Yassinov)sim 2.10 for 800se, flashed the sll and the image for 800hd. What was strange to me, the box worked! Except the tuner A of course which was still empty.
For the time being I won't change the sim cause I don't know where to get it. Anyway, now the box works well, but it beats down like the sun.

P.S. 'Dead Sim2 team' sounds a bit nostalgic;)

Last edited: