Starsat chat

harshy

Registered
I think the file needs renamed RomUpdate.bin also the folder named RomUpdate.bin.placed in fat32 formatted usb stick.i don't have android starsat but this way was needed in viark android box i had.
Hi archiesat
folder should be called RomUpdate.bin?

Mikelsat

Registered
Hi archiesat
folder should be called RomUpdate.bin?
It shoud be RomUpdate as I've just said.

This is a translated Arabic version I found for the STARSAT SR X1 pro so it should be the same.
We bring the update file and change its name to RomUpdate.bin
We put it in a folder called RomUpdate
We format the USB in Fat32 format
We put the USB in the device
We turn on the power for the device while pressing the Power button- (on the device).
We raise our finger after the phrase Update appears
We wait until the download is complete

Last edited:

harshy

Registered
It’s working now well I lost all the channels but at least the box is booting on 3.58 many thanks for the instructions and rescuing my box gentleman really appreciate it :-D

Of course it’s asking me to update to 3.6.1 I definitely won’t be doing that

AhmedCeNa

Donating Member
It’s working now well I lost all the channels but at least the box is booting on 3.58 many thanks for the instructions and rescuing my box gentleman really appreciate it :-D
Bind your device with your Metamango email
And keep doing a monthly upload of your channel list to cloud

That way you will always be able to restore your recent channels list

harshy

Registered
Ha nightmare well they’ve withdrawn the software but now found a different way to annoy me on load so I thought aah ok they changed it so I tried again and low and behold it’s now boot looping again I’ll try the procedure again to get it back to 3.5.8

Starsat just a joke

Jacop

Registered
Star Sat updates today. YouTube... worthless updates. What about the problems of all devices?

harshy

Registered
Got the starsat sr-x3 pro working with 3.6.1 you have to use 3.5.9 first as that’s what upgrades the android version before you can lift off with 3.6.1 if you don’t do this in order then boot loop.