TBS card choice, Help

Tiborg1

Registered
Hello,

I'm going to buy a TBS card and I need your help!

I'm in doubt between TBS-6902 x TBS-5520 x TBS-6522,
I want to buy, to watch the usual channels, and, MAINLY football feeds! (I want to open 4 games at the same time)

Which one do you recommend, and why?

thank you ;)

Souldream

Registered
I would not recommand TBS card ... the linux support is weak !
Look well on their support forum before buying device from them !

Some of the TBS device have tuner that shift ... make some PES error ... & co ...

When you ask about in their forum => no reply !
When you ask support for later kernel => no reply !

Their drivers are either not open source and tainted linked with binary blob !

I used them 1 time ... no more !

I use digital-devices DVB card, they are stable , driver are easy , stable and it works out of the box !

Tiborg1

Registered
I would not recommand TBS card ... the linux support is weak !
Look well on their support forum before buying device from them !

Some of the TBS device have tuner that shift ... make some PES error ... & co ...

When you ask about in their forum => no reply !
When you ask support for later kernel => no reply !

Their drivers are either not open source and tainted linked with binary blob !

I used them 1 time ... no more !

I use digital-devices DVB card, they are stable , driver are easy , stable and it works out of the box !

I don't use Linux, use windows 10 64bit.
I researched the subject, but I don't understand which one would be better!

Please

Last edited:

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
TBS is fine with Windows 10 64 bit.
You just need to see what each card offers and what you want from one and make your choice.

mx3000

Registered
TBS 6903 or 5927 is best choise for you right now.
STiD135-Si2183 based card not have good blindscan support right nowTBS-6902 x TBS-5520 x

Last edited:

guilhermerrrr

Registered
Hello! I'm also interested in buying a TBS card. I live in Brazil and I want to explore some sats, I'm looking for raw feeds that may be transmitted on the birds, not specifically sports feeds but any feed. I have a windows 10. I have DVB Dream installed with PowerVU plugin. If I buy a DVB card I can get it to work with DVBDream, right? So I saw that the TBS 6903 has two antennas inputs, I guess I don't need two, but I absolutely need blind scan. mx3000, what's your opinion, should I look for other brands as well? I'd really appreciate an input from a experienced member to guide me if possible.
Thank you

FaDeL®

Staff member
Super Moderator
I suggest to you TBS-6522
Very good and multi standard dual tuner

FishFeed

Registered
3 weeks ago i installed a new TBS6902 card on a new PC with windows 10 64bit.
Downloaded the driver from TBS website and just had to execute the file TBS_6902_driver_setup.exe and everything was ready to go.

Run the TBS driver installer instead of the windows driver update.

Tiborg1

Registered
3 weeks ago i installed a new TBS6902 card on a new PC with windows 10 64bit.
Downloaded the driver from TBS website and just had to execute the file TBS_6902_driver_setup.exe and everything was ready to go.

Run the TBS driver installer instead of the windows driver update.

I did that too. I normally installed the driver directly from TBS, and it shows the message successfully installed. But when I go to the device manager it shows that it is not installed!
Observe the image! ( https://gyazo.com/ca09967a6701edb4366f8b4d5e33b63c ) tried on another computer with windows 7 64bit and it didn't work!

Tiborg1

Registered
hi, TBS support came in via Teamviewer and installed another version of the driver, now my problem is different. on the satellite TV receiver (Freesky triple x) there is a good signal and I see all the channels without locking up. When I connect the same lnb cable to the TBS6909-x board, there is no signal and no channels are found! https://gyazo.com/d1ae177e4e1f076d7c61121999e4be9a I use that same frequency on my normal receiver and I see all the channels, but nothing on the TBS board
How to solve ?

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
On a TBS card when searching for channels, the modulation is not required to be set as it checks all types.

suny99

Registered
Are you sure that your dish is at correct position. Do you use your STB to move a positioner or you use your TBS card?

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Even though TBS themselves installed your driver for you, I wonder if you have the correct driver. I find it hard to believe you don't but worth a check.

Have you configured the type of LNB for whatever DVB program you are using?

What program are you using with your TBS card? I am guessing it's DVB Dream?

Tiborg1

Registered
Even though TBS themselves installed your driver for you, I wonder if you have the correct driver. I find it hard to believe you don't but worth a check.

Have you configured the type of LNB for whatever DVB program you are using?

What program are you using with your TBS card? I am guessing it's DVB Dream?

program DVBDream v3.7.1 ,
Lnb configuration is correct https://gyazo.com/fd83832529ec894b2731c74c73062890

maybe it is something related to the driver, because TBS itself said it will still launch this new driver!

When TBS support solves this problem, I will post here if it was the driver, or something!

In the meantime, if you have any idea how to solve it, thank you

Last edited: