Internet TV on Dreambox

A-2-S

Registered
Dear Members,
I am interested in watching online streams on my Dreambox. I have done quite some digging and found to solutions to solve this problem.

Solution # 1:

Use the stream capturing software like Cool-Recorder1.2aSetup or SDP_v2_3_0. Save the file to a location you have mentioned in the VLC F share folder. The file is written in .asf format. The theory is that the software appends information at the end of the file and the dreambox can start reading the file from the start. So the PC is saving the file using the Streaming software and the Dreambox is reading the file by using VLC F plug-in.
This option did not work for me.
Solution shared by Alessio Placitelli (thanks)

Solution # 2:

Create this file on PC:

name: CBLFilm.bat

Paste following information in the file

-------------------------------
cd \Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC

vlc.exe -vvv "mms://151.1.245.71/cblfilm-live" --sout "#transcode{vcodec=mp1v,vb=2048,scale=1,acodec=mpga,ab=192,c hannels=2}:dupl
icate{dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=192.168.1.2:5000}}"
--------------------------------------

function: vlc access the TV live site and broadcast the stream for dreambox

note: 192.168.1.2 is the PC ip address

****** step: 2

Create this file on PC:

name: Broadcast.m3u

Paste the following content in the file

-------------------------------
udp://@192.168.1.2:5000
--------------------------------------

function: this file has to be open later on dreambox via VLCF
to access the broadcast stream

****** step: 3

activate on PC an other vlc, as You normally do when You prepare the environment to use VLCF on dreambox

****** step: 4

Go to dreambox , activate VLCF, open the file Broadcast.m3u

This solution is better as the PC does not has the save the file on the PC as the first approach uses. Unfortunately the VLC F could not read the file and this approach also did not worked for me.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a better way to watch Internet stream on dreambox via PC. Thanks!

Last edited:

A-2-S

Registered
Over 90 views and yet no feedback. Am I the only one interested in webstreaming over db or is this solution has long been available so no one is interested?

B

boxgot

Mate am sorry for that.i have no idea.I post this replay and i hope u will find something.But im not sure.Sorry.

Requirements

- Broadband Internet connection
- Internet Stream recording software (Cool-Recorder, SDP Downloader, etc.)
- A working VLCF-Final plugin installation on your Dreambox which correctly communicates with your PC

Let’s do it!

First of all, you need the address of the stream you want to bounce back to your Dreambox. If you don’t know it, try to watch the stream in your browser. Right click in the video area and choose Properties from the menu. In this window, look for the Location property (names may change depending on the web player, just be sure to look for an URI): that’s the address of the stream.

Now run VLC, and leave it running on the background, since this is needed for VLCF-Final plugin on your Dreambox to work. Once you’re done with that, run the stream recording software you’ve chosen and paste the stream address in it. Then choose the path and file name to write the stream to, but don’t forget it needs to be in a folder that VLCF-Final is configured to scan (if you can’t understand, look for vlcf_original.xml in this article).

Now run VLCF-Final plugin from the plugins panel on your Dreambox and open the file you are writing the stream to. After few seconds, the stream should play on your TV

A-2-S

Registered
I tried your solution using .ASF format. It did not worked. The VLC F was not streaming the file. I wonder if you have tried it with any other format because the logic is that the PC will append information at the end of the file and the dreambox will start from the start of the file and continue to read.
I wonder if there are any other specific configurations/settings to implement the solution.
Thanks!