Before You Flash Your Clone

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Now with new sim 2.01 .they have Bootload V76. I have problem with Hard disk .The machine can not format the Harddisk .anyone suggest?

Was the Harddrive working on previous image before you installed a image with 76a

If so all you should need to do is set the recording paths. What image are you using?

Ferret

eLcTrOn

Registered
Hello i'm new
just bought dm800 clone sim 2.01
installed gimini2 5.1 BL76a
every thing is perfect

presley234

Registered
here the same...all working fine.

but i have a question.
how can i added more images on usb stick to my dreambox 800 clone???

thanks.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
use either barry allen, or a dreamelite image in the flash they have meoboot already built into the image :thum:

mo.p

Registered
use either barry allen, or a dreamelite image in the flash they have meoboot already built into the image :thum:

thanks m8 has any body got this with idiots guide please.i meen this meoboot thing and how many images can i put in onegb usb key any help would be appreciated!Thanks in advance

marvinx

Registered
Hi,
I checked my version on booting , and it said #76, so I assumed I was OK to flash with an image from this thread
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=172799&page=9

So I went for OoZooN-Image-dm800-3.1-ramiMAHER

Now when I boot I get sim201 team #76c look dm800sim2.com ERR01 no ca found. I have looked on the website dm800sim2, but not sure what to do. So I thought I must have a 2.1 if it told me 76. Whats wrong? what do I do now?

Cheers

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi,
I checked my version on booting , and it said #76, so I assumed I was OK to flash with an image from this thread
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=172799&page=9

So I went for OoZooN-Image-dm800-3.1-ramiMAHER

Now when I boot I get sim201 team #76c look dm800sim2.com ERR01 no ca found. I have looked on the website dm800sim2, but not sure what to do. So I thought I must have a 2.1 if it told me 76. Whats wrong? what do I do now?

Cheers

Try another image mate a earlier one and flash it with DreamUP and a null modem cable.

Are your sure you don't have a Ferrari sim?

marvinx

Registered
I am at the moment trying to recover with the patched version of dreamup, so I am trying to put back an image I made on the box before messing( should this work?). It is now communicating, and taking a long time to send via null modem cable ( what baud rate is it!)I'm not sure what sim it is, if I get it back up on my backup image, is there an easy way to tell? The bloke I got it off in may may have said something about ferrari. So if I put on an image from the thread

DM800 Clone Patched Images For Ferrari Sim #75

( mine was reporting 76 before messing tho)
Do I need the Latest Secondstage For Clone Ferrari Sim?
How do I put this on as it is a.bin file?

Thanks for your help

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I am at the moment trying to recover with the patched version of dreamup, so I am trying to put back an image I made on the box before messing( should this work?). It is now communicating, and taking a long time to send via null modem cable ( what baud rate is it!)I'm not sure what sim it is, if I get it back up on my backup image, is there an easy way to tell? The bloke I got it off in may may have said something about ferrari. So if I put on an image from the thread

DM800 Clone Patched Images For Ferrari Sim #75

( mine was reporting 76 before messing tho)
Do I need the Latest Secondstage For Clone Ferrari Sim?
How do I put this on as it is a.bin file?

Thanks for your help

You need to make sure what sim version you have mate before flashing images.

Some sim2 but not all have a gold sticker underneath stating it is sim2.

Other than that i guess you could take the lid off and look Ferrari sim can have Ferrari wrote on it.

Failing that speak to your dealer.

marvinx

Registered
You need to make sure what sim version you have mate before flashing images.

Some sim2 but not all have a gold sticker underneath stating it is sim2.

Other than that i guess you could take the lid off and look Ferrari sim can have Ferrari wrote on it.

Failing that speak to your dealer.

OK I have taken the sim out, and can't see much on it . It is white says dreambox and some writing...see picture

The backup I made is called [email protected] and I have 2 files in a folder called SSL, containing secondstage-dm800-75.bin and secondstage-dm800-76.bin . Are these any use to me?
How do put .bin on?

Cheers

marvinx

Registered
Ok,
I've managed to get my backup back on, and in case anyone else reads this at some point down the line, here's how I got it back on

1)Use dreamup from 2nd stage pack.rar make sure you got 'network' box checked and enter an IP address in the same subnet as your router. Select correct com port

2) Select CONNECT

3) Plug back in mains on DM800 (dreamup should load the flashloader and on the display on the front of the dreambox, there should be an IP address. Press disconnect on Dreamup (THIS IS IMPORTANT)

Go to the ip address using a browser, click firmware upgrade, and load the backup image.

SO now I am back to where I started, but still don't know what images I can put on. I have tried contacting my supplier, and no reply.
Anyone know how I can tell which images I can put on the box, as the dream elite I'm running from may is as buggy as hell. Also If I find out what the SIM is, do I have to update to the latest 2nd stage to run the latest images?

Thanks

ridge

Registered
To me this sim looks like a dreambox original sim, are you not sure your box is clone.
Here's a picture org.sim and compare with your

SIM_Original.jpg

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Well a white sim with printed letters is easy to fake so im still not convinced.

Anyway since you can flash your backup with no issues try a original image to see if the sim is a genuine one. Again with a working backup that flashes you could try another sim2 image also.

Ferret

marvinx

Registered
Well I'm shocked!
I have put on an original image , and it works! I assume this isn't a real box, as I got it for about £200 and I also had to do a tuner mod on it to get it going well.The sim seemed to be glued in with perhaps a super glue type substance It has been great for the last 6 months, only my DE image would crash here or there to a green screen. Thanks for all you help here guys.
I put on OpenPLi® v1.0 - for the Dreambox DM800 12.09.2010 [Stable]
and it worked. I wasn't that impressed with the image, it looked like a backwards step to the DE, so will have to find a better image (any suggestions welcome). Am I right in thinking the DE image is no longer being worked on?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You got lucky mate maybe your dream could be a real one, my sim from my original is glued in like that also.

You could try the Genuine dreambox plugin to confirm it. The DE images are still hard to beat even though the team is no more. The Dreamteam images looks OK as does the Sifteam and newnigma.

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
It won't do anything nasty if it finds out it's not real will it?

I will try the images you mention, thanks

Not 100% sure but i doubt it. If you go on the DMM site you used to be able to check your 800 with the mac address and serial number. Take a look that might still be available.