ANT1 Europe on 9°E [Eutelsat 9A] and ANT1 Greece on 3.1°E [Eutelsat 3D], 9°E [Eutelsat 9A] & 13°E [Hot Bird 13B]

thegoal007

Registered
I gather the greek Channel is now on Eutelsat 3D at 3 degrees East moved from Hotbird. I was able to view the channel using my dragom cam whilst on hotbird.

I gather eutelsat 3D will be moving to 7 degrees next mid year. I have 3 questions:

1. Am I able to receive this satelite and channel with a 90cm dish in Surrey , UK ?
2. Would my existing dragon cam still work ?
3. When it moves to 7 degrees will it still retain the same footprint over UK ?

mdt

VIP
I gather the greek Channel is now on Eutelsat 3D at 3 degrees East moved from Hotbird. I was able to view the channel using my dragom cam whilst on hotbird.

I gather eutelsat 3D will be moving to 7 degrees next mid year. I have 3 questions:

1. Am I able to receive this satelite and channel with a 90cm dish in Surrey , UK ?
2. Would my existing dragon cam still work ?
3. When it moves to 7 degrees will it still retain the same footprint over UK ?

ant1 on eutelsat 3d is fta atm but is usually encrypted in b*** and is not for dth reception but for turnaround/dtt re-transmission. ant1 europe is on eutelsat 9a@9east and should work via your dragon cam. when 3d go,s to 7east they could re-configure the footprints but odds are you will still recieve it via a 90cm dish in southern england. net/ert3 are both running fta atm on 7east also,regards mdt

thegoal007

Registered
Thanks for that.

Checked on lyngsat and do not see ANT1 listed on eutelsat 9a.

So do not know the frequency/details to tune it in ?

mdt

VIP
Thanks for that.

Checked on lyngsat and do not see ANT1 listed on eutelsat 9a.

So do not know the frequency/details to tune it in ?

DVBS2/8PSK/MPEG4. 12.149.V.27500. 2/3 its ANT1 Europe that used to be on Hellassat2@39east. ANT1 is also on the same freq/txp but is encrypted in N**4. ANT1 is on eutelsat3d fta atm but ANT1 Europe is there as a back up with no imminent change of cards according to the official site so you should be ok for a while at least,regards mdt

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
ANT-1 Greece on 3.1°E [Eutelsat 3D]: 12548H SR 13960 FEC 3/5, DVB-S2 QPSK Europe Beam FTA (May re-encrypt in Biss or Other in the Future, Current Biss Key Public) Feed for Digea Greece's DVB-T package.

ANT-1 Europe on 9°E [Eutelsat 9A]: 12149V SR 27500 FEC 2/3, DVB-S2 8PSK Europe Beam Viaccess 2.5 (As mdt states, no card change planned in short term, Current Viaccess Key Public) For ex-pats.

ANT-1 Greece* on 9°E [Eutelsat 9A]: 12149V SR 27500 FEC 2/3, DVB-S2 8PSK Europe Beam Videoguard (*I assume its the Greece Version as they now carry the Greece National Channels inc Star etc) OTE Greece Satellite Package.

It has not left Hotbird it is still in the Nova Greece package Encrypted in Irdeto2. How was you watching with a Dragon CAM are you talking recently or some time ago.....ie via CAM EMU (EMU = Emulation, Keys...etc) or a Viewing Card (Official Card or Otherwise, Gamma, BDC Card...etc) or using Fausto EMU.

ANT-1 Greece on 13°E [Hot Bird 13B]: 11823H SR 27500 FEC 3/4, DVB-S QPSK Europe Beam Irdeto2 Nova Greece Satellite Package.

thegoal007

Registered
I am finding it very difficult to get 9°E Eutelsat 9A and 3°E.

I added the 2 satellites into my receiver (echostar 300OIP) and put those frequencies as the main ones to tune the satellite in. But I keep picking up the channels on 13°E on those frequencies.

My motorized dish swings between 13 E to 39 E. There's still room to move further wider of those marks, but I have simply not tuned anything of interest outside of that range....up until now !
There's not much in it between 13 E and 9 E, but it does seem they are quite close and Hotbird seems to be a lot more powerful.

btw, I was using just a dragon cam for viewing.

mdt

VIP
I am finding it very difficult to get 9°E Eutelsat 9A and 3°E.

I added the 2 satellites into my receiver (echostar 300OIP) and put those frequencies as the main ones to tune the satellite in. But I keep picking up the channels on 13°E on those frequencies.

My motorized dish swings between 13 E to 39 E. There's still room to move further wider of those marks, but I have simply not tuned anything of interest outside of that range....up until now !
There's not much in it between 13 E and 9 E, but it does seem they are quite close and Hotbird seems to be a lot more powerful.

btw, I was using just a dragon cam for viewing.

if your picking up hotbird@13east you should get eutelsat9a@9east as the footprints are very similar. you dont say were you are based and what sized dish you are using.. heres the footprint maps for 9east/3.1east. check to see if you should be able to recieve them. regards mdt

mdt

VIP
i just realised you are using a 90cm dish in south uk so you should recieve 9 east no problem and most txps on 3.1east although the dvbs2/mpeg4 ones are difficult to lock sometimes,regards mdt

thegoal007

Registered
Is Ant1 Europe still on Eutelsat 9a ?
managed to get the satelite and some of the channels on it, but
12.149v 27500 2/3 shows no siganls.
I get cctv9, jstv,

mdt

VIP
Is Ant1 Europe still on Eutelsat 9a ?
managed to get the satelite and some of the channels on it, but
12.149v 27500 2/3 shows no siganls.
I get cctv9, jstv,

are you using a HD reciever as its DVBS2/8PSK/MPEG4 regards mdt

thegoal007

Registered
you've hit the nail on the head.
I have a motorised echostar 3000ip (NOT HD) which had a dragon cam. I do also have Pace HD satelite receiver and I finally manage to find the channels on the transponder, but I have now come across another hurdle as my Pace box is purely that - no cam slots - originally purchased to watch the UK free HD channels (e.g BBC/ITV/CH5)!
So I use the echostar box to move the dish to 9 East satelite and then only see see FashionTV, Voulie & 4E that are completely clear.

So....Any recommendation on a fairly cheap HD box to be able to watch ANT1 Europe with my existing cam ?

mdt

VIP
you've hit the nail on the head.
I have a motorised echostar 3000ip (NOT HD) which had a dragon cam. I do also have Pace HD satelite receiver and I finally manage to find the channels on the transponder, but I have now come across another hurdle as my Pace box is purely that - no cam slots - originally purchased to watch the UK free HD channels (e.g BBC/ITV/CH5)!
So I use the echostar box to move the dish to 9 East satelite and then only see see FashionTV, Voulie & 4E that are completely clear.

So....Any recommendation on a fairly cheap HD box to be able to watch ANT1 Europe with my existing cam ?

you really need to upgrade to a HD box and a V-box to control your actuator. id say get yourself a TM5402HD which will run ant1 europe without the need for a cam and has an excellent sensitive tuner for your smallish dish and will run biss for the greek stuff on 3.1e. your looking at about £150/£160 for the box and a v-box to control your dish. the TM is very easy to use and has good support usually and can be patched/updated via usb stick and it will also give you access to a couple of other packages via softcams aswell. you could get yourself a cheap clone like the vu+solo/dm800 for about £90 that run on E2 linux but these require a great deal of reading/learning if you are not used to linux stb,s. regards mdt

thegoal007

Registered
v box & receiver. Maybe I can get a good deal if I get someone local to realign the dish more accurately and get the equipment from them too. Not that many around here !
Anyone with recommendations ?

So your saying with the TM5402HD and using my existing dragon cam in it would clear the station. Well, at least for now until they start changing them.

mdt

VIP
v box & receiver. Maybe I can get a good deal if I get someone local to realign the dish more accurately and get the equipment from them too. Not that many around here !
Anyone with recommendations ?

So your saying with the TM5402HD and using my existing dragon cam in it would clear the station. Well, at least for now until they start changing them.

it will clear without the dragon cam using 3rd party software on the box. most installers wont have seen a v-box actuator m8 as they are only used on top end larger dishes nowadays 1.2m and above. cant you have a go yourself? i know an excellent installer but im in the north-west of uk unfortunatly. maybe you could post in the installer/motorised dish install threads to see if there is anyone who could come round to give you a hand or recommend a good local installer. i only fit for friends ect and im no expert but ive seen some shocking installs from so called professionals doing it for a living. isnt sct still going as i thing there somewhere near you. regards mdt