PB-E2 VX in AZbox HD MMC - detailed guide... by yours truly...

lonewolf454

Registered
Thanks for the reply gorski,however I am having trouble with upgrading the kernel, with azup it will not accept the files i have, openrsi patch.e2 and patch-kernel.e2, i tried via network and usb update, both fail.

Without a newer image, I cannot install any os, including the one you recommended, pbnigma.

Let me state, i do not want to do cs, simply desire to do all internal to the stb, with bouquet.

I am stuck at f/w 0.9.4110 Azbox Elite HD until I can figure out what will allow me to update so I can use oscam. Any help will be always appreciated, I have been out of the loop since 2011. I am willing to help others when I can, and not asking for someone to do all the work for me, but I need to be led in right direction so I can get back on my feet. ;)

gorski

Registered
Which AZUp?

Which procedure exactly, in detail?

Which kernel? Which image? Which Windows? Etc.

How else can we help you? And presumably, you want help... ;)

Once you put PBNIGMA in, you can do many things nowadays, sat TV, CS included, streaming, playback, Bob's your uncle...:D

lonewolf454

Registered
With enough searching, I finally came across a "rescu" image of patch.bin which allowed me to download PbNigma to the stb.

Procedure so far:
Install AzUp 2.0.4
Run AzUp 2.2.7 > download to stb > patch.bin 6.5 MB
Run AzUp 2.2.8 > download to stb > pbnigma v.5.1 (kernel 3.3.1)

Install to STB: PbNigma. Appears to be ok.

******** Note no setting for using composite connections, only component or HDMI <<<<

Set up network, connects to network ok. Set static IP.

Downloaded plugin "Flash Expander" via network connection of stb.

******** Attempted to install extra flash using procedure of flash expander, v.0.33 > appears to install, but after reboot, usb drive shows as a HDD, no extra flash listed, and stb states " FlashExpander is not installed, Create? Press key OK" I did this several times, with several USB drives, formatted to EXT.3, NO LUCK. <<<<<

Set up FTP via FileZilla, tested ok. U: root P: powerboard

On stb, set up test satellite 91W, and scanned in several tp's. Verified clear picture on free channel "ARTS" and "ARTS HD". Also scanned in Fox nets and Root nets, which are pvu encrypted.

Downloaded "Dreamset" Note: No North American sats listed, may have to hack in bouquets...

******** Do not see how to download OsCAM on stb via network, did install files via ftp to stb: oscam, oscam.conf,oscam.server,oscam.user. This is v.1.20, guide has v.1.10, unsure how to create missing files <<<<
Did turn on the plugin however.

Summation of problems at this point is

1. Flash Expander not working, so unable to install extra flash.
2. need some guidance on how to setup OsCam, I did follow guide but missing files and unsure what to do exactly since the file "Oscam v.1.20-unstable..." has different parameters listed than in gorski's guide. Would like to test on bouquet listed...

BTW, PbNigma looks much better than the old Azbox f/w, will take a bit to get used to it!

Last edited:

gorski

Registered
Excellent news, well done and good on you to report what you did exactly!:thum:

You should upload here the files you used as well, just in case, if one wants to repeat your feat! :)

Now, PBNIGMA has changed since my guide for PBNIGMA in AZbug! It will help when you use Device Manager etc. But!

First > PB Centre > Device Manager > mount a fast USB stick as /media/usb > RESTART (not GUI/Enigma but RESTART)! Do the same for an HDD (but as /media/hdd) and RESTART! HDD for recording and Timeshift. USB stick for all else!

Then try setting up your PBNIGMA but WITHOUT EXPANDER, that is, the built-in Expander that only PBNIGMA has, as you can see in my guide (better to use that one for PBNIGMA) and try it all first like that! You can try later with Expander, as well, and see - report back, please... ;)

During the setup you need to use the EPG and Picon Path Set plugins (after you use them, Restart GUI/Enigma is enough) - they will then work, to send EPG and Picons to USB stick! But restart before you try using them, i.e. after setting up the USB stick and HDD first!

Do NOT use HDD for EPG, Picons, SWAP or buffering! Rather buy (at least) 1 GB DOM for AZbug but do not use HDD for those, because HDD has moving parts. Every time you need EPG, a Picon etc. HDD will have to be accessed. Bad, especially if you use the green spin-down tech to stop the HDD after 5 or so minutes of not being used.

Also, you can install some other image into the DOM (for instance OpenRSI, OpenSPA or OpenATV) and then try PBNIGMA in a large (and hopefully fast) USB stick and not worry about the size of your... :D errrmmm... :p DOM! :) I saw others try that but I am not sure if it worked, so have fun experimenting!

Try following my guide for IPTV Player - it will give you playback (from your home network - NAS or PC shared folders) and streaming (from the net)!

Good luck! :)

lonewolf454

Registered
I downloaded and installed the version from the above link. Nice GUI, although a wrong click still crash box sometimes.
Problem with version, maybe you can direct me, Gorski:

1. You state Oscam ymod was included in this version, where? I only find OscamInfo, Oscaminfo-po, and Oscamstatusview under extensions management to install.

No oscam.conf in those. Where do I find oscam ymod in the stb updates?

2. I do not find a device manager to mount usb as /usb. The setup wizard promted for setting up flash expander from within wizard, but it crashed box so I had to start wizard over. After completing wizard without setting f.e. there, I do not see option to install later. Where is device manager, and should I format ext.3 for HDD and USB?

Summary:
1. Need Oscam ymod, where is it found on stb?
2. Need to install flash expander

Thank you for the help.

lonewolf454

Registered
Update:
I found oscam ymod and oscam emu, downloaded both via the stb.

Upon looking at softca file, nothing configured for north america :mecry: looks like I have my work cut out for me to configure this,

Still need help setting up flash expander, no luck since day 1 on this and yes the stb does "see" the usb drive when its plugged in.

Also, in oscam.conf what should cccam port be set to? (My local net uses 192.168.1.X with the stb on node 11, router at node .1, pc at node 10)
What should web if http port be set to?

Last edited:

gorski

Registered
As I said, things have changed since the guide I posted here! In particular, the Expander is included in PBNIGMA Device Manager (see my newer guides for PBNIGMA: press Device manager > choose a Drive Setup [one that is mounted] > MENU button > Expand to device [green button] > etc. as described in the odler guide...)... See below:

post-43398-0-60434700-1400430589.jpg

Didn't I mention that one shouldn't use the Expander, that it isn't perfect, that if one uses the rest of the built-in functions it should all be OK...??

OSCam:

Download various OSCams and in config files you have loads of examples...

If not, search for OSCam forum (streamboard?) and ask there for a specific config for your smartcard...

Good luck!

lonewolf454

Registered
Sometimes pictures are worth 1000 words, so the old saying goes...

With your picture above, it sparked further interest to get usb drive working and mounted. I did. However, I had something mounted in HDD? that wouldnt unmount and crashed box if I tried to delete. (Remember I didnt have "Device Manager") Only P.Center/P.SystemSetup/P.LabelMounting !

I downloaded Pbnigma 5.1 back to box again...and started over.

I did successfully mount and format the usb from setup wizard, or so it appears... Procedure follows: (used a PNY 2GB USB drive)
(from setup wizard where it asks about setting up expander)
-Set 2 partitions, 10%-90%
-Format 1 : Linux : Ext 3
-Format 2 : Linux : Ext 3
-Mount 2 : media/cf
-Mount 1 : media/usb
(go to swap manager)
-Create swap : 512MB (wasnt sure of ideal size) "Creating swap file"... be patient as it takes several minutes.
"Done" swap file size 524292
(Under Device Manager > Drive Setup)<<< Yes now I have DEVICE MANAGER !!!!
"DM255610V010 245MB"
"USB Flash Memory 1937MB"

I do notice, under system info, it doesnt show my usb as expanded flash...
"
USB: 182.2MB - USED 4.1MB - FREE 178.1MB
HDD: NOT AVAIL
FLASH: 177.2MB - USED 175.2MB - FREE 2.0MB <<< I WAS HOPING TO SEE THE EXPANDED FLASH SHOWN HERE BUT I MAY BE WRONG ****>
RAM: 99.3MB - USED 87.2MB - FREE 12.1MB
SWAP: 569.9MB - USED 10.7MB - FREE 559.2MB
TOTAL CPU USAGE: 2%..."

Did flash expander work as intended based on these results??

...::: We're gonna do what they say can't be done :::...

lonewolf454

Registered
Download various OSCams and in config files you have loads of examples...

If not, search for OSCam forum (streamboard?) and ask there for a specific config for your smartcard...

Good luck!

I have downloaded oscam ymod to the stb, I am under the impression it is the only cam I need for stb to be a cardless server and client simultaneously...

I have seen a few examples on the net on roll your owns, I have a lot to learn about the format though, and the European only satellites/k-ys in the files dont help me much, as my "look" angle at this time is only from sats 83W to 123W.

I have test dish 5.5ft/2m set up on 91 W, and all vertical c transponders.

If anyone can enlighten me with an example of how their oscam ymod files are setup (and what is needed as far as other files and what to configure) I would appreciate it, PM might be better for the setup config's. Anyone from North America really a plus!

gorski

Registered
Read my LATEST guide properly and search under my nick on the forum and the net and ye shall find... ;)

Last edited:

lonewolf454

Registered
Gorski: The guidance you have provided differs from others, It sounds as though I need Oscam and CCCam as well as contents of "the rest of oscam files.zip" and "constant.zip" for the oscam ymod to run. It conflicts as though others (I may have misunderstood) state only oscam ymod is needed to run. I am cardless and do not really want to do cs over the internet, so that is why I installed ymod.

All: I Just want to try to set up and learn only what is needed to make it work, not spend hours/days setting up other files that are not needed. I am willing to help others, but I do need help, too. I am sure you understand.

If someone can possibly PM me with instruction on what is only needed (files) for ymod to work on 91w, I would appreciate. Again I have no smartcard and not wanting to do cs over the internet.

Gorski: I appreciate your help, but can you please direct me to this updated guide since I am not sure which one it is, thank you.

gorski

Registered
Jeeeezzzuuussss... :D :D :D

No, if you read a bit in these sections you will find my posts, quite well read ones, about OSCam being ALL-IN-ONE, server and client, both in OFW and E2!

PBNIGMA for Ferrari500HD, for instance. Put it in DuckDuckGo or Google.

It would be clever to come to PowerBoard, too... ;) :D

All of the files I put up here are for OSCam EMU!

Not that hard, trust me... just read and do as you read... :)

lonewolf454

Registered
Happy new year!

I joined powerboard., I really like the appearance of pbnigma, so much I haven't tried openatv or rsi yet...

I goofed on an experiment and had to reset box fw again, getting quite good at it. Got it all setup and usb drive setup for swap file in less than 10 minutes!

I installed oscam emu this time instead of ymod so well see how it goes...

Like the old saying "learn by doing"/ not for the faint of heart!

lonewolf454

Registered
Got it working with oscam emu , stream method. Experimentation limited until I get cabling run for actuator and polarizer...