Best 1.2m motorised satellite setup.

net5ua

Registered
...felt I was missing out so I've ordered a "Technomate TM-8 GOLD Super High Gain Full HD & 3D 0.1DB Universal Octo LNB" :)

Will buy some (a lot of) Webro WF100 cable this week (got a reel lined up).

Had a look at my dish yesterday - noticed that one of the wall bracket welds has snapped in the recent high winds, so I just tested then gently tightened the screws on the wall bracket into the brick.

My pole is 2"/50mm diameter x 8' in height and has two wall brackets - should I get the bracket replaced and a 3"/75mm pole? ...or should I get a third wall bracket fitted? (perhaps whilst the current one is being welded before re-fitting?)

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
...felt I was missing out so I've ordered a "Technomate TM-8 GOLD Super High Gain Full HD & 3D 0.1DB Universal Octo LNB" :)

Will buy some (a lot of) Webro WF100 cable this week (got a reel lined up).

Had a look at my dish yesterday - noticed that one of the wall bracket welds has snapped in the recent high winds, so I just tested then gently tightened the screws on the wall bracket into the brick.

My pole is 2"/50mm diameter x 8' in height and has two wall brackets - should I get the bracket replaced and a 3"/75mm pole? ...or should I get a third wall bracket fitted? (perhaps whilst the current one is being welded before re-fitting?)

Have you room to add a third bracket without disturbing the one with the broken weld ? If so it may stop you having to remove the dish altogether while you get the broken one fixed or replaced avoiding an alignment.

net5ua

Registered
...just been out to measure the distances and there is space above for a horizontal only bracket (above the existing vertical/horizontal wall bracket with the weld break) and there is space below for a vertical/horizontal wall bracket (below the existing vertical/horizontal wall bracket with the weld break but above the existing horizontal only wall bracket).

So that's what I will do (unless anyone has a portable welding kit, suitable for standing on a roof whilst welding)

The brackets are 12" in width (on the wall) and 24" in depth off the wall.

Xede

Registered
Best Twin LNB is Golden Media Twin by far beats everything
else i have tried comparing weak signals on 7 East and 3 West
and stronger signals and feeds on 28E etc..Golden media wins hands down

Golden Media Lnb :thum: is the best for feeds & does not overload like the IBU does on some strong signals,

Thanks both, have ordered one

Tried out the Golden Media twin a couple of times and both times the signal has been slightly lower than my Inverto Single both for normal channels and feeds. For reference on Sky News 0.8W (12418 V 28000) I get 15.3-15.7db through my TM-5402 M3 but 14.6 for the Golden Media. Neither could pick up the Gibraltar snooker at the weekend, the odd spike but couldn't lock

My setup is TD110 with 20m Coax run SE England

Is it likely to be issues with the LNB alignment? Given it's yielding the same results both times i'm thinking not but I can tweak the lnb angle slightly, is there a guide to make sure it's aligned precisely?

Specifically for feeds is there any other LNBs I can try, don't mind if it's a single/quad just after the best performance on weaker feeds

Last edited:

falcones

Feed Hunter
Last week I bought a new dish, Laminas 120, I mounted it the next day it arrived.
20200603-171123.jpg

20200603-171133.jpg

net5ua

Registered
Hi all - hope everyone is well and staying safe :)

Since my last post I've bought a load of Webro WF100 cable, a couple of new Technomate 0.1 dB LNB's - a TM-8 Gold Octo for my motorised Triax TD110 and a TM-2 Gold Twin for my second dish.

Regarding my motorised Triax TD110 dish I've also bought a new set of 3 x K and 1 x T brackets to replace the current T & K as the K has a weld break caused in the high winds we had in February. The new T should fit nicely in between the current upper K and lower T, then the old lower T can be replaced with a new K and finally the old upper K can be replaced with a new K. Once the old K weld has been re-welded (and painted) it will leave me with 2 x K and 1 x T brackets that my father can use when he next has a motorised system.

I'll get the motorised dish brackets changed, the LNB changed to the TM-8 and the cable changed to the WF100 when we're past Covid-19 lockdown.

Regarding the second dish which is currently a standard fixed SKY dish happily pointing at Hotbird 13.0E - tomorrow I'm collecting an 80cm fixed dish to replace it, as I don't use Hotbird 13.0E as often as I used to.

Question to all - should I point the new 80cm fixed dish at Eutelsat 7.0E or at Eutelsat 10.0E ?

As always, any advice greatly appreciated :)

PS nice new dish Falcones - enjoy! :)

Last edited:

miziolnb

Registered
My system upgrade: Laminas 120, Motor TM 2600 M3, Golden Media Universal Twin LNB 202+ 0,1dB , Qviart Combo, Viark Combo, Technomate 5402 M3, TBS 5922 SE, TBS 5580, from 30W to 55E, I'm very happy:thum:

roccky

Registered
For many years I had gibertini 125 with polar mount, actuator, vbox, and lnb invacom TWH 031 twin. The actuator needs some regular oiling, and even with the maintenance it gets rusty relatively quickly. Apart from that, it worked very well.