i want to reset password for technomate tm500 super:

yakuza003

Registered
Hi how to reset password for technomate tm500 super, i want to access config file, i want to access my cline, so i dont want to remove anything, i tried different methods but none of them worked for me.

Unsuccessful methods:
(1)i used dcc to login but it is saying Please login with USER and PASS. telnet login incorrect...

(2)I used tcc i left password blank it says login info saved but when i try to change password it says error: check your ip and PASSWORD again!!, i checked my ip it is correct but password is not working.

(3)i tried to telnet into box, i pressed yellow button from my controller to go on tuxbox commander but it is blocked by password.

(4) I tried telnet into box through pc, in windows i click start, run, typed cmd and press enter type
telnet box IP address, e.g. telnet 192.168.1.10
login with username " root "
password will be blank so press enter
typed passwd enter new password twice, but it came up with message "incorrect login".

(5) I tried dsteam, technomate, dreambox password but didnt worked for me.

So what shall i do?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
check your image does not have a team password different teams use different passwords.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ur team image has no password as you have said

DCC does not like to work without a pass so use a standalone telnet app like putty

Ferret

yakuza003

Registered
my technomate tm500 box has password but i dont know what it is, thats the reason i want to change it, so let me know how to do it, you are saying about telnet app putty, can you explain more about this?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Ahhhh now im with you .

Well someone has applied a pass to it then, maybe your dealer !

Can you not download tuxbox commander from the ur team image if you can start tuubox then

Point to /var/etc/passwd
change the line containing root into

root::0:0::/:/bin/sh

now you can telnet your Dreambox with an empty root password and create a new password for root.

If you can not use tuxbox then the only choice you have is to reflash.

Ferret

yakuza003

Registered
i cant use tuxbox it blocked by password, if i reflash, all the files will be deleted? I dont want to delete config file, thats the reason i wanted to change password for accessing this file.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah if you reflash all will be lost. Since you can not use tuxbox you dont really have any other options.

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
how can i reflash

like this

1. Download TM control center from here and extract it to a folder.

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=133735

2. Start TMCC with the TechnomateCenter.exe

3. Click on the serial tab.

4. Top option set the comport to the one you have your null modem cable connected to usually com1.

5. Now click the file button and select the unrared image you downloaded earlier.

6. Now in front of your TV switch the power OFF on your TM.

7. Press in and hold the UP ^ button and then turn the power back on youll see a setup screen in front of you.

8. Press the up button for serial update then the right > button and then the ok button. This will start the image upload. Wait till it confirms the process is done.

9. Now turn off the power leave it for a min and then turn it back on.

At this point it will go through the standard setup procedure if you need help give us a shout.

Ferret