PowerVU

babylon9825

Registered
I had the opportunity recently to flip through a number posts related to the viewing of the PowerVu channels. I understand that there are several methods (varying based on the equipment used) which can be used to open these channels.

If I am not mistaken one of the options is to purcase a specific receiver/decoder, the likes of Strong or Technomate, which can open PowerVu channels, without the need of having the receiver connected to the internet. All that needs to be done is to have the latest patch downloaded to them.

As I am looking to find a (non-internet) solution so that I can watch the well-knonw US channels transmitting from 9 degrees east, I would appreciate if you could enlighten me on the subject. Detailed information would be really loved and more than welcomed. Please note that I am kind of an old-fashioned user and by this I mean that I still prefer the tradional CAMs (Dragon, T-Rex, Diablo) methodology than any internet-related solutions and that is why I am investigating the solution with the receivers, rather than the ones with DVB cards etc.

If you have the time I would very much like to hear from someone with your experience.

Thanking you in advance, I remain

Best regards,

Babylon

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Technomate TM5402 M3 HD CI Super
Simply load via USB latest Phantom patch
Then Goto Menu> System Info > CAS Menu > Goto PowerVU Slots
input manually the working CW Keys [ AFN Already will work simply by loading latest Patch ]
But for other Channels you can manually add Keys each time they change very similar to loading new .*bin files on Diablo CAM Modules .
i was same thinking as you few years back then i got the TM5402 M1 upgraded to M2 then again went for M3 as its more hobbyist box with manually adding keys i think this will fit your every need and really great for feedhunting too .

Plus its not too heavily priced either but can do so much more than your normal SD outdated boxe/s or CAMS so really no downside and you can still test and use your cam module as there is a CI Slot And card slot too : ) )

good luck !

--
Barney2222

babylon9825

Registered
Thank you very much for your prompt response. Much appreciated.

I read around that in addition to the Phantom patch I also need to install an "add-on". Is this the case ? Where can this "add-on" be found for download purposes ?

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
The add on file thats mentioned and used by some technomate models is to do with internet or your pc/laptop etc and card sharing so no need. The Model of Technomate I use is an older more expensive model because I wanted a 3 tuner model (Ku-Band on Tuner 1, C-Band on Tuner 2 and Terrestrial Freeview Tuner :)). AFN saves on torrenting a lot of shows as most of the major US shows are shown accross there networks.

iKeys

Registered
Is there a way to upgrade firmware without having to re-input all the powervu keys? What file is that located in that i can grab or save??

Costactc

Registered
Not having to re-input the keys would be great. Here is where to look for the latest phantompatch:

Code:
http://downloadtmsw.com/bbs/list.php?board=tm5402hd

I would appreciate it if a mod could kill the link for me.

beekeeper

Registered
Here is my latest key file for techmomate. Just load it and change the provider to PowerVu:

KEYS REMOVED - KEYS ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO BE POSTED IN THE CORRECT PLACE (THE KEYS SECTION) THAT WAY EVERYBODY KNOWS WHERE TO LOOK FOR THEM INSTEAD OF THE BEING SCATTERED AROUND RANDOM PARTS OF THE FORUM (AND THEREFORE IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND).

babylon9825

Registered
Can anyone find in this incredible forum a tutorial on how to punch PV keys via remote control on TM 5402 ? I am really confused with different key posts calling for EMM or CW etc. Is there anywhere a step-by-step guide ?

It looks as keys for 9E have changed and latest patch no longer does the work.

Thanks in advance.

Costactc

Registered
Can anyone find in this incredible forum a tutorial on how to punch PV keys via remote control on TM 5402 ? I am really confused with different key posts calling for EMM or CW etc. Is there anywhere a step-by-step guide ?

Thanks in advance.

Key insertion is childs play and should not require a step by step guide. Any time you need help I will explain the process to you.

marki

Registered

Thanks in advance.
Must admit I'm not too certain about the terminology myself(EMM or CW).Couple of things that might help: you need to be aware that the ident in the CAS menu is equivalent to the transponder frequency which has to match exactly what's in the receiver already for the channels you're trying to clear . Each code line has 16 hex digits so if the posted key isn't this long add zeroes at the end.Downloading the latest patch firmware(you can do this online,yellow button)should have the latest keys embedded,haven't tried this myself.Not sure about 9E,what channels are you hoping to clear?I know 7E is gone for good.Good luck.cheers

vhfuhf

Registered
Here is my latest key file for techmomate. Just load it and change the provider to PowerVu:

KEYS REMOVED - KEYS ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO BE POSTED IN THE CORRECT PLACE (THE KEYS SECTION) THAT WAY EVERYBODY KNOWS WHERE TO LOOK FOR THEM INSTEAD OF THE BEING SCATTERED AROUND RANDOM PARTS OF THE FORUM (AND THEREFORE IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND).

After the W what are those hex values? does it open all channel of the mux?

I noticed that you have some line items with 3789 without V or H. I also thought that I could have the following:

3800H30000
3800H30001

Would this work? or it needs to be 3800H, 3801H, 3802H, 3799H, etc...?

with the current method can we fit keys from 20W all the way to 139W?

How do you load those keys? USB? or Do I need to FTP into the receiver?

dale_para_bajo

Registered
@beekeeper

I hope you read this since I believe you figure it out.

But to @ALL my friends technomate users, here is the question:

manic01 said:
Loading softcams can/will wipe powervu keys from receiver.
You will have to manually re enter all info.
Reloading of patch after loading a softcam will not resolve the missing powervu keys issue and the keys will still be missing.
Softcams are not needed for 39e on powervu patches as the patches now auto update 39e keys.

This is Clear Understood.

Now here is my situation:
1) I am in America. So "Loading softcams can/will wipe powervu keys from receiver." is not a problem as the factory loaded keys do not work for us anyway!! So loosing factory loaded keys are unimportant for an American user.

2) Since we need all keys, entering the keys manually is a wait of time as it is not just 1 or 2 to manually enter but several 100th!!

3) Only smart option I see is by Softcams Loading by USB.

Now we know this not nice intermediate solution
manic01 said:
...You can load edited softcam and change the encryption once loaded and it will work.

for example imagine a key looks like this just an example not a real key:
Code:
; Slot 1
W 000100 00 0123456789ABCD
W 000100 01 0123456789ABCD

So we enter key in slot as "W" I guess Cryptoworks. The latter manually change to Powervu. well this is better than entering all manually but still not a nice solution.

What we need is to be able to type each slot with the correct valid key type letter for PowerVu. So that they get loaded as powervu from 1rst time without the need of manually editing to powervu.

So The QUESTION is:

A- What letter we need to use so that softcam slot keys are accepted as powervu?

B-you wrote:
Softcams are not needed for 39e on powervu patches as the patches now auto update 39e keys.

What is the meaning of "auto update"? I this means AutoRolling? If there is AutoRoll available, then what is the key letter for EMM Keys in softcam?