i need help to connect TM500 to lapton pleasw

pauluk0

Registered
hi everyone... i need help to connect my laptop to my TM 500 using a 9 pin serial port and making contact..
i have connected it all up i have installed techonmate control centre but i can't get the connection up and running.

please help me someone i not a computer person just need to know what im doing wrong

alboke

Registered
are you using a null modem cable ? if so you should be able to connect on com port try different com port numbers till it works dont forget you need to have tm500 switched off open /run control centre choose com port then turn on at back of tm500...
are you using a usb to comport lead as well as a null cable ? or using comport on laptop ?

pauluk0

Registered
hi there thanx for coming back to me ..yes i am using a 9 pin serial not sure if its a modem null cable..can i or would it be better to use a network cable direct from my laptop to sat box..
more to the point how would i know when im connected, i have contrl centre 6 version
is there maybe a new version which i could use that would be easier... sorry to be a pain i there isn't a link with step by step instruction "gosh that would help"
thanks for help but i had no luck