Openbox S9 Chat

jjaco71

Registered
i have my box on sky sports 1 (uk), but as of tonight everytime i press any key to changed channel or even the menu button, box just switches of and reboots, and comes back on skysports 1

have switched the machine of at the plug for 30 minutes re tried but still the same problem?

thanks help needed asa

munna_07

Registered
hi guys. i could do with somw help here. all the channels are coming up with the 'scrambled' message. the free channels are ok. at first it used to happen a few times a day, gradually got worse and now not a single channel. my first thought is the server and the subscription. dish seems ok - perfect picture on free channels and internet connection is working fine - typing this message. any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

simmo68uk

Registered
i have my box on sky sports 1 (uk), but as of tonight everytime i press any key to changed channel or even the menu button, box just switches of and reboots, and comes back on skysports 1

have switched the machine of at the plug for 30 minutes re tried but still the same problem?

thanks help needed asa

Hello mate I believe you have take the satelite cable out of the box and turn off your box. Switch back on and delete the offending channel , reinsert your cable. there are a few sky sports 1 channels broadcasting so choose another and that should cure your problem

Mr. Mister

Registered
Hello mate I believe you have take the satelite cable out of the box and turn off your box. Switch back on and delete the offending channel , reinsert your cable. there are a few sky sports 1 channels broadcasting so choose another and that should cure your problem

How do we delete the channels.. ??

Step by step please..??

Thanks

snaps

Registered
Just a note here to warn you guys, I ordered an openbox from satronics. Big mistake as it hasnt been posted (Even though its in stock), cant get a reply or contact them, now moneybookers are saying once the money has been paid to satronics I cant get my money back.

manic01

Super VIP
Rubbish do a charge back, also have distant selling act as well.
Satronics are a con, all over the internet they have customers moaning about them.
Safe bet is satfooldeals.co.uk
Great service and cheap as well.

joedenob

Registered
loads moaning about their service.

Cowboys playing silly games as with the prices they try to charge, there is no money left to get stock back in.
Happens to grredy people trying to pass the impression of big deals under pricing all others and then not making enough to honour their sales.

Disgraceful but only one of many

Mr. Mister

Registered
Hi guys..
A friend of mine arrived at my house yesteday with one of these receivers.. and he expects me to get it working for him..

Well. all i can say is what a night-mare.. Firmware update was fine.. no issues there.. then done a scan on 28E as thats all he is interested in.. Thats went fine also..

Got the config file in ok as well.. but ever since then it will not allow me to change channel.. its stuck on sky news.. and each time i try to change channel it just reboots.. It does not matter what button i press.. it just reboots.. Cant even do a factory reset as menu button is just reboot..

Any suggestions on what i can do to cure this problem..

Thanks

prelude

Registered
Disconnect the lnb coax cable, switch on the receiver then click menu -> tv channel list and delete the channels, this is a well documented problem, and hopefully will be fixed soon, by the way sky news is not the only channel that causes the receiver to reboot, there a a few others as well which will require deleting.

Last edited:

Mr. Mister

Registered
Thanks for all your help so far guys,..

Just 1 more thing.. and then i am working perfect..

When i go to cccam manager in the menu.. i can see the 2 lines i have added.. but both are showing as offline..

I have restarted the box.. and i know the 2 lines are live..

Any suggestions.. ??

Sorry mods & admin if this is a bit close to breaking the rules as far as lines goes.. please remove if i am out of order..

Thanks..