Openbox S9 Chat

Mr. Mister

Registered
Hi guys..
I am thinking about buying one of these boxes..

Can anyone recommend an image for it.. ??

Thanks

Mr. Mister

Registered
Hi all..

I am seriuosly thinking about buying one of these boxes..

Can anyone recommend buying one as a cheap alternative to and DM800 ..???

Thanks

sasi

Registered
i wanna get this box too but is it good ..i mean the quality of the picture and is cccam stable with the latest image incl. cccam?

thx

sasi

The Great 1

Registered
i wanna get this box too but is it good ..i mean the quality of the picture and is cccam stable with the latest image incl. cccam?

thx

sasi

yes works perfectly fine mate with cccam.

Only problem is that

1) No ftp to the box.. however u can upload all clines via USB memory stick

2) Restarting issues on channels which dont work.. i.e no pic.. there are channels which are trouble some with this box.. but you can delete them and problem is solved.

3) recording works like a charm.. Supports both NTFS and Fat 32.

Does Timer recording and Timeshifting.

Supports HDMI 1.3. Beautiful picture when watching HD channels.

Only has 5000 channel memory and its not enough in my opinion

Plus when scanning.. you end with muliple channels listed the same.. i.e sky sports 1 will be listed like 4 times and only 2 work. lol

When driving the motor manually its a pain in the Butt as you have to press the keys on the rapidly otherwise you wont notice any difference in changes to the SNR levels.

EPG works fine but doesnt work as it states 7days... Only tells you the now and next.

Pause key is ideally for PVR and not for pausing Live TV, due to the fact that it doesnt record to the HDD.

Channel Menu well.. they could have made it like the Linux boxes .. Dreambox etc

This menu is like the starview box style... However you can use the PG+ and PG- to scroll faster or you can use the '' find '' key to search for a specific channel... THis is not too bad.

records in DVR.TS format, which cant be played back on PC.. tested with VLC, Media centre and Windows media player / classic.

Record any HD channel and play back is HD also.

not sure what else I can add about this box. but am sure u can make your mind up with the information given to you mate.

Usals never worked for me on this box unless am doing something wrong.

Hope this Helps.

Last edited:

joedenob

Registered
Hi all..

I am seriuosly thinking about buying one of these boxes..

Can anyone recommend buying one as a cheap alternative to and DM800 ..???

Thanks

Not an alternative to dm800 mate as it can only work as client.

A recommended box to use as the quality/price and value for money is excellent.

But never on the same leagues as a dm800 due to mainly not being open source

dathai60

Registered
just got my hands on one of these boxes to try, formatted my usb to fat32 loaded some clines and when i went to menu it would not let me scroll down to update by usb,tried another stick still the same anyone got any idea whats up,dodgy box or do i need to do anything else before i can get into the usb menu

shagan

Registered
the openbox s9 only allows to have 4 clines active at the same time. when I select a fifth it says "C protocol number exceeds 4".

Any solution on this?