Go Back   Sat Universe > PC Section > Chat > Hardware Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Laptop Technical Advice

Hardware Chat

Old 15-12-2008, 00:22  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thumbs down Laptop Technical Advice

HI all ,

Is it recommended to plug in the AC\DC power transformer all the time when I am using my laptop . or. to use the battary all the time and recharge it when need to be rechaged ?

Thanks
Old 15-12-2008, 03:07  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I would suggest you keep it powered up, however I do recommend you leave it run on battery at least once a week. Always remember to leave laptop on until battery completely dies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to howdiesall For This Useful Post:
johnbamia (15-12-2008), renee (14-01-2009)
Old 16-12-2008, 09:12  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Lap Top Battary Ment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdiesall View Post
I would suggest you keep it powered up, however I do recommend you leave it run on battery at least once a week. Always remember to leave laptop on until battery completely dies.

Hi howdiesall

Thank you for the advice . However, please find herewith the DELL TECHNICAL SUPPORT replay to my message concerning the same subject

((Other than to re-charge it, it's actually advisable to remove the battery if you primarily use the AC adapter ))
Old 02-01-2009, 23:31  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbamia View Post
Hi howdiesall

Thank you for the advice . However, please find herewith the DELL TECHNICAL SUPPORT replay to my message concerning the same subject

((Other than to re-charge it, it's actually advisable to remove the battery if you primarily use the AC adapter ))
Interesting advice from dell there, I've had 2 Acers over the last 5 years and never removed the batteries yet!
I drain the battery once every 2 weeks, this is advisable to allow a full drain and re-charge, the battery pack will degrade quicker when not in use (IE. removed from the laptop) due to the nature of their manufacture.
Maybe the advice is given as a result of the large number of 'exploding' laptop batteries.
The Following User Says Thank You to davey555 For This Useful Post:
renee (14-01-2009)
Old 11-01-2009, 11:26  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Hello,
as an "old" HP computer engineer, let me give you my 2 cents.
As written above by davey555 it is important to "excesize" the batteries = charging and discharging over the life cycle
I never remove my batteries from teh equipment
I have been using laptops since beginning of the late 80'es traveling in odd environments, and yes, sometimes you can have a dead battery, either on your laptop, palmtop or you cell phone, but in general this does not happen often (for me probably 2-3 times over almost 20 years, with 3-5 units constantly used)
my experience is that Lithium batteries is much more robust than ni-mh used in wireless phones, which last around 2-3 years only

hope your battries will last longer than the processor life cycle
Regards Petpet
The Following User Says Thank You to petpet For This Useful Post:
renee (14-01-2009)
Old 22-05-2010, 17:50  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I HAVE ZINOX LAPTOP WINDOWS PROFFESIONAL SP 2 ANYBODY WHO CAN HELP ME WITH MY DIMINISH PRODUCT KEY THE LAST 25 KEYS ARE DKTRB