Help with new motor

dex1971

Registered
Hello, I had a new motor installed as the previous one stopped working (the new one is a technomate TM-2600M3). I can get all the satellite positioned at the east of the arch up without any problem with a very strong signal, but once I move the dish to the west, after the 5west I don't get anything anymore! The engineer spent hours trying to figure it out why as he said that if I can get those east sats I should also be getting the west ones.
Has anyone come across a similar problem?? What could it be??
thanks!!

dydyer

Banned
Hello, this is wrong, it is not because you have the sats on one side that you systematically have the other, it seems to me to be a hell of a mess, your installer, that's all simply because your mast is not straight in 2 planes, from front to back and from left to right, in this case it is from left to right; it must be adjusted with a level ....

dydyer

Banned
In addition you do not say anything about the type of Installation, in usals or by position memory ?????

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
if there is an obstruction Trees,Building or something in the line of sight after 5°West then your installer is at fault

without obstructions you should be getting 8°West,15°West,22°West,27.5°West and 30°West Hispasat
sounds like a half a$$ed job a proper installed would ensure you got everything on the ARC if everything was set up Level and dish installed where there is a clear line of sight to track the arc , at least he got the motor part right
its important to have a look to see if there is some obstruction blocking your dish line of sight after 5°West
and would help to know your dish size too ?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Your installer didnt know what he was doing the arc will be high or low on east side and opposite way round on the west side.

He probably didnt have the dish central on the motors mast when he was searching for 0.8 west swinging the whole dish motor setup around the pole your motor sits on.

I hope that makes sense.

manic01

Super VIP
BG12vSQ
2Q==
Attached file will give an idea where going wrong.

Last edited:

dex1971

Registered
Thank you guys! My sat dish is 90 cm, the motor is USALS and I don't have any obstacle blocking the reception.
Unfortunately nowadays is very hard to find someone that puts up motorized dishes and I had very bad experiences in the past as well and this guy was the best I could get (and to be honest he did not want to be charged for the work but just for the new motor and the petrol so he has been bloody honest after he spent 6 hours on the ladder!). I was thinking to give him another chance and pass all the info I could get so that he can set it right this time.
Many thanks again!!!