Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Satellite Equipment

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Best 1.2m motorised satellite setup.

Satellite Equipment

Old 27-02-2020, 19:28  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanks both, have ordered one
Old 10-03-2020, 14:13  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

...felt I was missing out so I've ordered a "Technomate TM-8 GOLD Super High Gain Full HD & 3D 0.1DB Universal Octo LNB"

Will buy some (a lot of) Webro WF100 cable this week (got a reel lined up).

Had a look at my dish yesterday - noticed that one of the wall bracket welds has snapped in the recent high winds, so I just tested then gently tightened the screws on the wall bracket into the brick.

My pole is 2"/50mm diameter x 8' in height and has two wall brackets - should I get the bracket replaced and a 3"/75mm pole? ...or should I get a third wall bracket fitted? (perhaps whilst the current one is being welded before re-fitting?)
Old 10-03-2020, 14:45  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

better get one welcome on board
The Following User Says Thank You to murgy For This Useful Post:
net5ua (10-03-2020)
Old 10-03-2020, 14:50  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Marching On Together !

Thanked 19,679 Times in 7,807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by net5ua View Post
...felt I was missing out so I've ordered a "Technomate TM-8 GOLD Super High Gain Full HD & 3D 0.1DB Universal Octo LNB"

Will buy some (a lot of) Webro WF100 cable this week (got a reel lined up).

Had a look at my dish yesterday - noticed that one of the wall bracket welds has snapped in the recent high winds, so I just tested then gently tightened the screws on the wall bracket into the brick.

My pole is 2"/50mm diameter x 8' in height and has two wall brackets - should I get the bracket replaced and a 3"/75mm pole? ...or should I get a third wall bracket fitted? (perhaps whilst the current one is being welded before re-fitting?)
Have you room to add a third bracket without disturbing the one with the broken weld ? If so it may stop you having to remove the dish altogether while you get the broken one fixed or replaced avoiding an alignment.

VU+ Duo2
Japhar DM8000
A8P DM800SE
Amazon Fire TV Box 2nd Gen
T95Z Plus S912 3GB+16GB
TX3 Mini
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ferret For This Useful Post:
momi133 (10-03-2020), net5ua (10-03-2020)
Old 10-03-2020, 15:29  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

...that's exactly what I'm thinking Ferret - thanks for advising.
The Following User Says Thank You to net5ua For This Useful Post:
Ferret (10-03-2020)
Old 10-03-2020, 16:25  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

...just been out to measure the distances and there is space above for a horizontal only bracket (above the existing vertical/horizontal wall bracket with the weld break) and there is space below for a vertical/horizontal wall bracket (below the existing vertical/horizontal wall bracket with the weld break but above the existing horizontal only wall bracket).

So that's what I will do (unless anyone has a portable welding kit, suitable for standing on a roof whilst welding)

The brackets are 12" in width (on the wall) and 24" in depth off the wall.
Old 17-03-2020, 12:24  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney115 View Post
Best Twin LNB is Golden Media Twin by far beats everything
else i have tried comparing weak signals on 7 East and 3 West
and stronger signals and feeds on 28E etc..Golden media wins hands down
Quote:
Originally Posted by william-1 View Post
Golden Media Lnb is the best for feeds & does not overload like the IBU does on some strong signals,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xede View Post
Thanks both, have ordered one
Tried out the Golden Media twin a couple of times and both times the signal has been slightly lower than my Inverto Single both for normal channels and feeds. For reference on Sky News 0.8W (12418 V 28000) I get 15.3-15.7db through my TM-5402 M3 but 14.6 for the Golden Media. Neither could pick up the Gibraltar snooker at the weekend, the odd spike but couldn't lock

My setup is TD110 with 20m Coax run SE England

Is it likely to be issues with the LNB alignment? Given it's yielding the same results both times i'm thinking not but I can tweak the lnb angle slightly, is there a guide to make sure it's aligned precisely?

Specifically for feeds is there any other LNBs I can try, don't mind if it's a single/quad just after the best performance on weaker feeds

Last edited by Xede; 17-03-2020 at 12:27..
The Following User Says Thank You to Xede For This Useful Post:
phantom55 (18-03-2020)