Which sat is my due south

butchyboy

Registered
Hi guys here's my details,I am presuming 7 w is my due south.

Latitude: 52.8710°
Longitude: -7.1676°

Can you guys tell me thanks

Ratzvan

Feed Hunter
Hi guys here's my details,I am presuming 7 w is my due south.

Latitude: 52.8710°
Longitude: -7.1676°

Can you guys tell me thanks

Yes, it is :thum:
But if you have a movable dish I suggest you to point it on 8w (Europe beam) where signal is stronger

butchyboy

Registered
Yes, it is :thum:
But if you have a movable dish I suggest you to point it on 8w (Europe beam) where signal is stronger

Motorised dish yes.
You mean to use 8.w as my true with with my polarmount facing 8.w as in 8.w centre point on my polarmount ?.

Ratzvan

Feed Hunter
Yes. channels on European mux are few (radio, feeds), but you've something :)

campag5242

Feed Hunter
It's a starting centre-point, not the bang on centre point. 7W is useless for you as the signals are weak. Even with a big dish you'd struggle due to its narrow beam. So, try for 8W where the signals are strong, then go through umpteen tweaks of motor rotation on pole, dish elevation, motor elevation etc until you get it tracking the arc perfectly.

Last edited:

butchyboy

Registered
It's a starting centre-point, not the bang on centre point. 7W is useless for you as the signals are weak. Even with a big dish you'd struggle due to its narrow beam. So, try for 8W where the signals are strong, then go through umpteen tweaks of motor rotation on pole, dish elevation, motor elevation etc until you get it tracking the arc perfectly.

thank you campag5242 but i can get all the dubai channels on 7.w and thats how i aligned my dish on 7.w

i asked the question soley because i wanted to be sure i was correct with my cordinates that 7.w was my true south.

campag5242

Feed Hunter
If you are tweaking dish alignment, rather than setting up from scratch, where the previous guy has done all the hard work, then by all means use 7W to tweak the setup.

If it is coordinates you are after, then you can get them from eg Google Maps.

If you are setting up a new dish at a new location you will be very lucky if there is a sat exactly due south from you. In which case choose the closest with good signal (to make the initial lock easier). Then proceed from there to get it tracking the arc.

butchyboy

Registered
If you are tweaking dish alignment, rather than setting up from scratch, where the previous guy has done all the hard work, then by all means use 7W to tweak the setup.

If it is coordinates you are after, then you can get them from eg Google Maps.

If you are setting up a new dish at a new location you will be very lucky if there is a sat exactly due south from you. In which case choose the closest with good signal (to make the initial lock easier). Then proceed from there to get it tracking the arc.

no i set up from scratch my self and done it using the dubai channels on 7.w

as my cordinates tell me 7.w is about bang on my due south,lucky enough my dish is 1.85m hence why i can get the dubai channels on 7.w be a different story if i was trying to set up a smaller dish that would not pick up anything on 7.w

butchyboy

Registered
DISEQC or USALS

These terms are elementary base knowledge

neither.

good old fashion polarmount and jack actuator arm :)

i did mention above i was using a 1.85m dish,have you ever seen a dish that size on a disecq motor :D

vakula

Super VIP
neither.

good old fashion polarmount and jack actuator arm :)

i did mention above i was using a 1.85m dish,have you ever seen a dish that size on a disecq motor :D

Yes of course.
Did you ever seen a well calibrated DISEQC motor eg. DM3800 handled an 1.85m ?
Obviously NO !!!
A perfect and accurate calibrated DISEQC motor had ZERO
load on itself.
INTERESTIG, HA?

butchyboy

Registered
Yes of course.
Did you ever seen a well calibrated DISEQC motor eg. DM3800 handled an 1.85m ?
Obviously NO !!!
A perfect and accurate calibrated DISEQC motor had ZERO
load on itself.
INTERESTIG, HA?

thats nothing got to do with the topic on here,your going off track vakula

campag5242

Feed Hunter
no i set up from scratch my self and done it using the dubai channels on 7.w

as my cordinates tell me 7.w is about bang on my due south,lucky enough my dish is 1.85m hence why i can get the dubai channels on 7.w be a different story if i was trying to set up a smaller dish that would not pick up anything on 7.w
If you set up a 1.85m dish from scratch - no mean feat - why are you even asking questions on here?