Go Back   Sat Universe > PC Section > Chat > Hardware Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

AGP card with tv output ?

Hardware Chat

Old 10-12-2008, 21:15  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default AGP card with tv output ?

i know the questions such as these have definetely been asked before ,however maybe once again !

if a buy an AGP card that supports moniter and has a TV output
and if i play a dvd in dvd drive ,
1. would it be possible to watch a film on TV?
2. would the clarity be good ?
3. would the clarity depend on AGP card memory (128 better than 64 to watch the tv output)?
4. will the colour display on tv in pal?
5. and not too familar with all this ,specially with brands! so please tell me the good brand name and price with 128 or any other agp ?

please note that my requirement for a TV output would primarily be to watch vcd dvd and hence want to know if it would be clear and if i need 128mb AGP for this...
i do not do any form of graphics work and so presume dont need 128 for normal use .
Old 11-12-2008, 01:09  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 27,216 Times in 3,800 Posts

You should check if your motherboard supports AGP 4x or AGP 8x. In any case you should be able to get what you need with such a card.
You can get them for like 30 to 60£ or for less if you want a used one.

Picture from dvd should be fine and you should be able to set up dual display so you can watch those movies on tv while using pc monitor for doing something else.

If your tv is got vga connector it would be best to use dvi to vga adapter to hook up the graphics card to your tv.

Doubt it would be that easy to find some good and new 64mb card so you should be fine with 128mb.

As to brands you should be fine with some nvidia geforce card, or ati.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rocknroll For This Useful Post:
bethinked (11-12-2008)
Old 11-12-2008, 20:37  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

thanks Rocknroll,
my intel915g motherboards with PCI Express X16 slots for video cards, but many says that Intel chipsets i915g/p will not support AGP at all !how i know that which video card is already in my intel915g motherboard ?
Old 11-12-2008, 20:55  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,157 Times in 357 Posts

run HWiNFO32 FREEWARE
http://www.hwinfo.com/download32.html
it will tell you wich card you have
bethinked (12-12-2008)
Old 12-12-2008, 00:36  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 27,216 Times in 3,800 Posts

Don't think that motherboard has any agp slots but you are better off with pci-e anyway.
You can get pretty decent pci-e cards with 256mb for up to 30 quid.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rocknroll For This Useful Post:
bethinked (12-12-2008)