Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Satellite Tv Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Satelite C band vs 5G.

Satellite Tv Chat

Old 08-06-2021, 01:01  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Satelite C band vs 5G.

I am no expert on frequency allocation but the effect can be seen already. You can find frequencies at _https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5G_NR_frequency_bands. I f you see item N77 it suggest the use of frequencies from 3300 – 4200, Yes the Whole Sat C-Band down-link.

It makes a note _https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5G_NR_frequency_bands#cite_note-n77-16[/url]
where it reads "Restricted to 3700–3980 MHz in the US"

I need to point out that from 2015 the FCC "3.55 to 3.7 GHz band is becoming shared spectrum under rules adopted by the Federal Communications Commission in April 2015". In general used by Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS)

So at this moments the band in USA looks like this

https://www.fcc.gov/5G
https://www.rcrwireless.com/20201218...to-higher-gear
https://www.fcc.gov/sites/default/fi..._band_plan.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citize..._Radio_Service
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S_band
The Following User Says Thank You to cayoenrique For This Useful Post:
ViaHussun (09-06-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 04:39  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I see ViaHussun thanks. But I was hopping to see comments.

Sorry, my antenna fall from winds. But I will see if I can get some old charts. I know 4G & 5G has a LOTTTT to do with where your antenna is located. For example I am in a town and I have a few cell towers around me. And I am in the Caribbean but it is like in USA. So LTE is a BIG problem just at 3.7Ghz. Well in fact cross-band noise got to 3.710GHz.

I give you an example Noise spike is so big that If I do a blind scan starting from 3.7 my receiver just hangs. In order to survive I am force to start a blind scan from 3.710 up!! And that was a few month back. 5G is a big thing now. I can see that all tower cells had changes their antenna. But at the moment as I do not have a Cband antenna I can not give you a report. Covid 19 affected my family and I been busy. But as ViaHussun posted I wonder too if we need now special LNB with filters or what ever.

Hope to here others commenting. I will see if I can get my old logs and I will post the charts.

Last edited by cayoenrique; 10-06-2021 at 04:41..
ViaHussun (11-06-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 23:23  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I did search for an old chart. But you know, we never save bad images.

In general at my location LTE noise showed up sometime in february, 2018. Best I can do for now is use an old chart and mark where noise showed up
Click to enlarge

Noise will be the green markup I did.

Now why I am posting? Well ViaHussun did ask?, but got no answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViaHussun View Post
new kind c band lnbler uses 5g filter is it relevant?
I heard that 5g signals affect c band broadcasts
Clearly the noise I did showed up ath the begining was related to LTE (3.55 to 3.7 GHz) . As I have no current antenna I have not been able to see New 5G noise. But I expect noise at (3.7–3.98 Ghz).

Now the question can be divided between 2:
1-If we see noise or not?
2-If new 5g filter is it relevant or not?

Listen I personaly do not think that a extra circuit with a Low noise filter will do any good. As this will infact eliminate BOTH noise and the already low signal from satellite!!

A bandpass made of a Cavity Resonator may be best.
_https://www.amateur-radio-wiki.net/what-is-a-cavity-filter/
_https://vikingsatcom.com/products/?route=product/product&product_id=162
_https://www.avcomm.com.au/shop/lnbs/c-band-lnbs/av-comm-3-7-4-2-ghz-standalone-c-band-bandpass-filter/

Clearly if we have a low cost LNB this is not available. We may need to find ways to hack the Idea.

PLEASEE do not get confuse. What I want to know from you all is "How relevant/good the LTE filter is. Like in Titanium C1-PLL & C2-PLL or any other low cost LNB for C-Band
_https://titaniumsatellite.com/c1pll
_https://titaniumsatellite.com/c2pll

See the regular wide-band is at least $10 USD chipper that the LTE/wymax one, And this do nothing for 5G anyway?

Thanks a head.

Last edited by cayoenrique; 10-06-2021 at 23:25..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cayoenrique For This Useful Post:
MickeEst (10-06-2021), ViaHussun (11-06-2021)
Old 11-06-2021, 00:50  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Titanium C1-PLL and C2-PLL only works if the source of interference is about a mile away. I have tried it on a source that is just a few blocks away and the signal is crazy.

I am interested if there is an available S-band LNB like Titanium that can filter this LTE/Wimax interference?
cayoenrique (11-06-2021), harryt (14-06-2021)
Old 11-06-2021, 02:04  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Google
LNB C Band with 5G Filter, New release with PLL (Phase Lock Loop) for Satellite
there are a few choices that will fix the 5G issues
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harryt For This Useful Post:
cayoenrique (11-06-2021), OpenFox (15-06-2021)
Old 11-06-2021, 20:19  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

boyet05 & harryt
I hope this thread is about your REAL experiences. Not about what fake chines clones can offer. Nor I endorse Titanium. Well in fact I already say that I do not expect any help from those LNbs neither. And be aware those cheap LNB with filters are below 3.7 ( LTE/Wimax). I have not google a single offer for low cost LNB that is Really deigned for 5G.

Well let me rephrase that last horrible comment. Base ONLY on my pure analysis of the problem: ( NO Google will show that )

1) Satellite C downlink goes 3.4-4.2 Ghz.
2) 5G n77 goes from 3.3–4.2 Ghz.

Base ONLY on my pure opinion: If manufactures place an Active Filter for 5G, well there will be NO signal at the output. n77 5G covers the whole bandwith. So conclusion, I do not expect to see manufactures building C LNB with Active Filters for 5G, it will not work.

On USA, FCC has stop giving licenses for C band Satellite operators, and claim has agreement from providers to vacate this section of the spectrum!!

But this thread is about practical situation. Lets say your experience proves I am wrong, PLEASE help me by providing me with your solution. I can be wrong as many times I has been.

I do have hopes some one has discover a solution.

Note:
What is a Low Cost C band LNB. In the average $50 USD at most less than $100 USD if it in fact do magic trick.

Yes I know there are professional stile manufactures like Norsat, Gardiner with claim on 5G solutions that in general can be in the $1000 USD range.

Last edited by cayoenrique; 11-06-2021 at 20:29..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cayoenrique For This Useful Post:
harryt (14-06-2021), ViaHussun (11-06-2021)
Old 14-06-2021, 22:24  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

cayoenrique, we have been dealing with this issue here in Australia and the two motstly used LNB'S we have success here are the Mediastar and the SatKing versions both chinese and made in the same factory,our 5G frequincy may differ slightly to yours we operate around the 3700MHz mark but in most cases it has reduced the signal enough for most people to get a signal lock and vision i'm not saying it has worked 100% for everyone and not defenite that it will work in Europe but until the manufacturers come up with better solutions that is all you can try at the moment.distance to the towers and traffic on the 5G tower unfortunately are a big issue and i don't know of any fix for this at the moment.
in most instances it will be a trial and error scenario.

Last edited by harryt; 14-06-2021 at 22:33..
The Following User Says Thank You to harryt For This Useful Post:
OpenFox (15-06-2021)
Old 15-06-2021, 04:57  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Nice report guys.

I was hopping to see more people reporting. So what we have?

Question where?
Quote:
1-If we see noise or not?
boyet05, harryt & cayoenrique : reported seen Noise ONLY from 3.4-3.7

boyet05 & cayoenrique : reported that if you leave close to a cell tower noise is too high and filter may not work. In my case noise is seen pass 3.7 Ghz so I am force to blind scan at 3.710 Ghz. Please note that 1rst transponder is in fact lost as I can not tune at 3.720 GHz.

So I guess we agreed that for noise below 3.7 Ghz: If noise seen is low the LNB with filter may do the job. But not if you have a huge spike like me.

Quote:
2-If new 5g filter is it relevant or not?
Here is where we may have confusion.

Again I will use my pure analysis of the problem. In order to offer Hi bandwith, Originally 5G was designed ONLY for the cities!!!! Yes.. It was designed for the ka-band I do not know about 24-40Ghz. At that frequency path are short, so it requires many many times more tower cells. But in cities they use high buildings. 5G would had not work out of the cities. This was not attractive to many companies. Please do not quote me in this I my recollection.

So they came up with a new Idea. 5G NR (New Radio)
Here at the 5G signals in ka-bands they called Frequency Range 2 or High Band 5G. And they created a new band in the Frequency Range 1. This last one will include frequencies that operators all ready own plus they request ITU what ever else was available. see

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5G_NR_...quency_Range_1

Notice that it covers a lots of space of the spectrum from old TV UHF regions, to even frequencies they stole from many others even amateurs. And depending if your country was or not successful in stilling those frequencies from others well the may or not show up at your town. In USA it is expected to take over C band satellite in the near future. But no one has reported.

This raise me a new question, but I guess we should open a new thread for that. This is:

3) if operators are moving out of C-Band. Then to where? What is the new space use to distribute satellite signal for the cable TV operators? Or are they moving to IP via fiber?
harryt (15-06-2021)