dbox2 config (os-/cc-)cam to use internal cardreader

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleasebugmenot

Registered
Hi,

i cant throw out my old dbox2, please help me. :)

I am not sure were the problem is. I am trying to read an old HD+ (i know only SD) card. Is my card-/reader broken or is it not implemented in cccam?
------CCcam 2.3.0 -----
I tried to experiment with the cccam.cfg to use the internal Philips DBox2 Card Reader.

config line i am thinking of is:
SERIAL READER : /dev/tts/0
and
SERIAL READER : /dev/tts/1
i guess i am missing the reader type, but which is it?

Debug output printed repeatedly something 'card not readable'

-------Oscam------
I read on some other places that i should use oscam to use a smart card. Is this right?

Please, help is much appreciated.

ARMAGEDOON

Registered
In dbox only the lower card reader could be used in Gbox, the upper reader would have to be unplugged and plugged into multicam to work cccam, oscam, newcamd

pleasebugmenot

Registered
Thanks for the response!

I definitely have to research further into those topics soon.

I completely "ignored" gbox, so this could take me a long time. I definitely think that is the feasible thing to try.

Multicam, i saw some pictures of 3 models. AHAB and NG look like they can "do stuff". :) I also saw some pictures of homemade pcb, looks like an 74HCT014 (hex inverting schmitt trigger) and a 6 Mhz crystal should also be feasible.

Do you have any further advise on those topics?

I don't want to let the magic smoke escape yet, so my first research should probably be gbox. :D

again, very big THANK YOU.

Knicko

Registered
Hi

You need in any case a multicam in the D-box to read the HD + card. The easiest way to work multicam is with oscam or doscam.

gr. Knicko

ARMAGEDOON

Registered
Even if you run the HD + card, you will not see anything on the dbox2 anyway. It is a cult SD resiver and in today's era the majority is already in HD. Unless it is to serve as a server.Probably you can get a multicam somewhere, but find a working link with a description of where to combine it will be a great feat
greetings

pleasebugmenot

Registered
Yes i am aware that it is only SD. But the old HD+ card is the only i have for now (original Post). I wanted to buy a used card, but wanted to test if the card reader still works.... in the future a cs if needed (future stb without cardreader?) ......

I tried researching stuff, so far, yes a lot of links are down. especially gbox ppc binaries. I have no gbox access on this board (should i ask for it?). Is there an "official" public gbox git repo somewhere?

I found links to "some" schematics, installation pictures and howto's. duckduckgo Picture search "multicam dbox" helped. :)

I don't trust my electrical skills 100% so next test for me is gbox. I gave up earlier, kinda frustrating availability out there.... But i read about the beautiful magical unicorn called "gbox", now i want too! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.