[America Reception] Are the 10.0E feeds are in band C or Ku band?

Tiborg1

Registered
Hi, I don't know if I can ask here, but the 10.0E feeds are in band C or Ku band? Here in America don't get ku band

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
10 E has both C-Band and Ku-Band Transponders

The C-Band is for South America, Africa, Europe etc:

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/footprints/Eutelsat-10A-C.html

If the freq posted is between 3700 to 4200 (L, R, H or V) its C-Band

If the freq posted is between 10700 to 12750 (L, R, H or V) its Ku-Band

I catch the Chinese mux C-Band Muxx @ 10E 3649 L in the UK (Supspect this muxx is for North Africa/West Asia?) and I had success with both CIS TV & Télé Tchad until earlier this year

kebien

Registered
The only beam you could get from this sat is C band from southamerica.
But with 34db to 37db you might not get anything unless the dish is big,like 4 meters big.
And not sure what trasponders are global,lots of services are mainly for Africa.

Ratzvan

Feed Hunter
I've been targeting 10e band C, I have a 2.4 fiber dish ( https://gyazo.com/f6b2ed2e90c053954b8ffa2ebf8372f5 ), but I can't get any feeds!
maybe it's because I'm not using a good LNB.
Which LNB do you recommend to capture feed in band c and another in ku?

I'm sorry I'm using google translator...

Hi, I suggest you to take with a the pliers that "offical" 10E global beam. Situation is much worse :( . Good reception is only for Africa, while for Europe at least a 3 meter dish is requested in Europe for a complete correct reception and discrete technical stuff, because many transponder have a very low symbolrate.

So dispect of the beam, a very bigger dish is requested.
Then just reading your words, I suppose you have a C-BAND lnb without dielectric plate (because most important satellites for your region are usually H/V ).
Too much complicated.

For football and other, most interesting european satellites from Europe to America are 8W (C-band with english football feeds, uefa match and other) and 30W (ku band ,beam america, for spanish football, basket etc.)

Then the usual C-band satellites you can already receive: 43W, 47.5W, 55.5W, 58W as possible bridge for internetional event from Europe to America.

Tiborg1

Registered
Hi, I suggest you to take with a the pliers that "offical" 10E global beam. Situation is much worse :( . Good reception is only for Africa, while for Europe at least a 3 meter dish is requested in Europe for a complete correct reception and discrete technical stuff, because many transponder have a very low symbolrate.

So dispect of the beam, a very bigger dish is requested.
Then just reading your words, I suppose you have a C-BAND lnb without dielectric plate (because most important satellites for your region are usually H/V ).
Too much complicated.

For football and other, most interesting european satellites from Europe to America are 8W (C-band with english football feeds, uefa match and other) and 30W (ku band ,beam america, for spanish football, basket etc.)

Then the usual C-band satellites you can already receive: 43W, 47.5W, 55.5W, 58W as possible bridge for internetional event from Europe to America.

1- When pointing to 10E, I use the dielectric plate. I get only 70 channels and no feed.
Perhaps, by using a common lnbf 3.4 to 4.7 and that is not a feednorn !?

2- Yesterday, was running a feed on the 55.5W (musical event). However, when doing blind scan, my Freesky Triple X Decoder did not capture the transponder.
I caught on the forum and inserted the TP manual into the Deco, after that, he recognized.

3- To improve my system, with a TBS-type PCI card and some LNB FeedHorn, would it be easier to capture feeds? If so, what is the best feedhorn for c band and k band? and which TBS card to capture sports feeds?

Last edited:

Ratzvan

Feed Hunter
1- When pointing to 10E, I use the dielectric plate. I get only 70 channels and no feed.
Perhaps, by using a common lnbf 3.4 to 4.7 and that is not a feednorn !?

2- Yesterday, was running a feed on the 55.5W (musical event). However, when doing blind scan, my Freesky Triple X Decoder did not capture the transponder.
I caught on the forum and inserted the TP manual into the Deco, after that, he recognized.

3- To improve my system, with a TBS-type PCI card and some LNB FeedHorn, would it be easier to capture feeds? If so, what is the best feedhorn for c band and k band? and which TBS card to capture sports feeds?

1) It's hard to get feed on 10°E C-band because feeds are near exclusively in ku band for Europe and Asia, not for America :rolleyes:
About C-band feeds you can get signal-3 one at 3900 L 3750 , but it's active rarely
Yes you could improve your system using norsat pll c-band lnb, but I don't know what better result you could have and what interest you could have in 10°E really.

2) Yes I saw. But it was not a concert feed but a regular channel, Meio Norte HD reported on lyngsat too.

3) I don't know what system you have, if your receiver can control a 36v motor or a polarotor.
Anyway if you use a corotor I think it's acutally the worse solution.
If you're interested in European sateliites and you don't want put/put off dielectric plate, better solution could be the following:

Triple feed with 2 c-band ortho feedhorn and a ku-band lnb.
To improve your system each feedhorn with 2 lnb (1/2 feeddhorn H/V ) , (3/4 feedhorn R/L with dielectric plate)
Then you need a diseq 8x1 because you've 5 input for you receiver (1=lnb_ku 2=c-band_H 3_C-BAND_V, 4=c-BAND_R, 5=C-BAND_L)

Tiborg1

Registered
1) It's hard to get feed on 10°E C-band because feeds are near exclusively in ku band for Europe and Asia, not for America :rolleyes:
About C-band feeds you can get signal-3 one at 3900 L 3750 , but it's active rarely
Yes you could improve your system using norsat pll c-band lnb, but I don't know what better result you could have and what interest you could have in 10°E really.

2) Yes I saw. But it was not a concert feed but a regular channel, Meio Norte HD reported on lyngsat too.

3) I don't know what system you have, if your receiver can control a 36v motor or a polarotor.
Anyway if you use a corotor I think it's acutally the worse solution.
If you're interested in European sateliites and you don't want put/put off dielectric plate, better solution could be the following:

Triple feed with 2 c-band ortho feedhorn and a ku-band lnb.
To improve your system each feedhorn with 2 lnb (1/2 feeddhorn H/V ) , (3/4 feedhorn R/L with dielectric plate)
Then you need a diseq 8x1 because you've 5 input for you receiver (1=lnb_ku 2=c-band_H 3_C-BAND_V, 4=c-BAND_R, 5=C-BAND_L)

2- I refer to :
55W C
ID: Titular
Tp: 3916 V 4800
(https://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?p=2037084748#post2037084748)

In the blind pursuit of the Freesky Triple x decoder. did not find this TP. When inserting manual, deco recognized.
Which TBS PCi card recommends improving feed capture. why can't my Deco find it?(https://www.shopazamerica.com.br/freesky-triplo-x-hd-wi-fi)

Regarding 10.0E I will not try anymore!

Thank you for helping me and so many here!:clapping::thum:

Last edited:

Ratzvan

Feed Hunter
2- I refer to :
55W C
ID: Titular
Tp: 3916 V 4800
(https://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?p=2037084748#post2037084748)

In the blind pursuit of the Freesky Triple x decoder. did not find this TP. When inserting manual, deco recognized.
Which TBS PCi card recommends improving feed capture. why can't my Deco find it?(https://www.shopazamerica.com.br/freesky-triplo-x-hd-wi-fi)

Regarding 10.0E I will not try anymore!

Thank you for helping me and so many here!:clapping::thum:

Sorry, it was my misunderstunding :D
Anyway it happens not all receivers can work very well with blindscan. (This is why as you told correctly it could be a good solution a tbs-card to be used both for blind scan and watching 4:2:2 feed).
My tiger T8 could find that feed yesterday with a simple blindscan. (As I know when there is enough signal it usally loses only very low SR channels ).
But this is irrelevant.

As final conclusion.
I suggest you if you want to look for feeds to be posted, please just follow the activity of this very skill user:
chyco py and aspirepy.
They're in south america (more southerly than you) and they're very active posting feeds :thum:
You can have a look to their posts and see what are the better satellites to be scanned

Good Luck