Bootloader problem

barfly

Donating Member
Hi, flashed latest bootloader (86) from link above, now when i try to flash a new image using web by holding power button in & switching on at rear the i.p. adress dos,nt appear & the box just boots up, any ideas how to put this right appreciated.

skogly

Registered
Flash your Dreambox with an img. that has bootloader 84, e.g. Newnigma. I had the same problem, had to flash new img. with Dreamup.

barfly

Donating Member
Tried flashing with dreamup, transfer gets so far through then i get message "box is flashing from its memory" & everything stops, tried several images with same result.Also tried with & without network cable.

barfly

Donating Member
Thats the version im using with a network cable, it uploads the flashloader then prompts flash, but when i click on an image file i get message "calculating checksum" & it stops doing anything, on the box its got the ip address &***serial mode***

viasatt

Registered
With the latest bootloader,you'll need to use the DOWN button , the POWER button doesn't work anymore for flashing.Switch off the power,and press the DOWN (arrow down) button,not the POWER button.
Cheers!