• Discussion in the Admin room about nightly images, we dont really need or want these posting for the following reasons.

1. We all know where to get them.
    2. Never have a change log.
    3. The changes if any are not worthy of anyone upgrading there boxes on a daily basis.
    4. They clutter the forum up.

Posts will be removed.

Ferret

skysat v20

slugworth

Registered
A $40 box I got yesterday to play with.
You have to load firmware when you get it,the factory firmware
has no hacking stuff in it.I loaded the dec 2018 firmware via
usb.You have to do a factory reset to load it properly.Then you
set up your sats.It lets you use a mix of fixed and motorized dish
which is nice.ALI3521 processor but you don't get the dish moving
nag like the old days with ali.
You can't back up full firmware to usb,so if you want to play with
old firmware you have to search the internet.It has over 500 lines
of pvu and biss keys and autorolls biss online.Pvu lets you add EMM
keys if you have them.It will convert the emm key to ecm key
and add them to the list.Make sure you load the correct firmware
for your region,I read that a guy loaded the wrong firmware and
was locked into that region.I loaded the SA (south america) firmware.
The other is for the rest of the world.
2.5mm rs232 port but I don't know the pinout.Says you can load via
rs232 but the firmware sites have no rs232 loader.

slugworth

Registered
The USALS resolution is only 3 digits.
You have to enter the lat as xx.x
and longitude as xx.x

slugworth

Registered
the receiver stores the biss keys off the server in the format
tp freq,polarity.SR and the provider name at the time
On 2 different occasions 2 different sats for sports wildfeeds the receiver stored the keys
under the wrong TP frequency for some reason.The tp freq it stored the keys under weren't even on that sat.
One was actually a euro sat freq (using south american firmware)
I had to manually edit the keys and add in the correct tp info then the receiver behaved.

slugworth

Registered
the feb 2019 firmwares were scary,they would load to 90% when you boot and freeze.You had to cycle power to get them to boot.
They were no better than the dec 2018 firmware.Still only a few of the apps work ditto for the iptv section.
I loaded the sept 2018 firmware but had a problem with the ufc wildfeed it wouldn't roll the keys.
I tried loading the dec 2018 via usb but it failed.
I loaded the latest via network and the receiver died.
It only loads to 55% then cycles again.
I will have to try to get a loader for rs232
The download site only has a loader for the model s2020

slugworth

Registered
same loader as the v10 but you can't use a real rs232 port,you get a com port error.
You have to use a usb to rs232 adapter.
rs232 recover v2.0.0 2018-8-21
you can load but not dump flash.

slugworth

Registered
the amiko loader v9.1 works with a real com port or usb to rs232 for loading only,but is in french.
I couldn't find a newer version that dumps.
The old ali loaders for ali3521/26 didn't work even after tweaking the support files.

slugworth

Registered
again the receiver stored the biss keys from wildfeeds under the wrong tp.
I had to save to softcam on usb,edit in the correct tp info then write back to receiver.
After the recovery I had to reload via usb,the ftp server info
for updating over the net was blank.
I was lucky the bootloader section was still intact.
Some of the older amiko loaders were in english but you need a real com port on the pc.
I made my own cable with a 3.5mm audio patch cable I cut and soldered to a female db9
tip to pin 2
centre to pin3
end to pin 5

De Fault

Registered
again the receiver stored the biss keys from wildfeeds under the wrong tp.
I had to save to softcam on usb,edit in the correct tp info then write back to receiver.

I have flashed the SKYSAT_V20_V2.692_190224_AW.bin firmware from USB stick with no problems.

Now the PowerVU DES encrypted channels are wrongly labeled as "Videoguard" and thus the receiver doesn't attempt to decrypt them.

At the same time there is no problem to decrypt the PowerVU CSA encrypted channels.

Maybe I need to roll back to the old SKYSAT V20_V2.520_181220_ME.bin firmware.

I forgot how to enter the menu for uploading a softcam.key file from USB stick. Now I don't see this option. Maybe they have removed this function, haven't them?

Please remind me how do you upload softacam.key file from USB stick.

Thank you for your useful posts in this forum.

Last edited:

De Fault

Registered
Well, I have found the menu to upload softcam.key from an USB stick.

This function is available at the Tools group -> Upgrade by USB -> Key.

You have to highlight the required key file in the right panel, then press OK on it.

I have restored the old softcam.key file I was using before I upgraded the firmware to SKYSAT_V20_V2.692_190224_AW.bin

Before the firmware upgrade I had the SKYSAT V20_V2.520_181220_ME.bin firmware and all but two channels in the Sony Package on Asiasat 7 @ 105.5°E were successfully decrypted including BBC Earth. Only Sony LePlex and one more channel were not decrypted.

But now after I upgraded the firmware to SKYSAT_V20_V2.692_190224_AW.bin not a single channel in the Sony Package on Asiasat 7 can be decrypted. And now all these channels are labeled as "Videoguard", not "Powervu" like before.

Surprisingly at the same time another cheap Chinese receiver (Freesat V8) doesn't have any problem to decrypt all those channels (except Sony LePlex and one more channel).

De Fault

Registered
Problem with Sony Package on Asiasat 7 @ 105.5°E on the frequency of 4180 MHz

I own two Skysat receiver, namely V20 and S2020.

They can open by default many PowerVU and Tandberg encrypted channels.

So it's very disappointing indeed that both of them are not able to open any PowerVU encrypted channels on Asiasat 7 @ 105.5°E on the frequency of 4180 MHz (the so-called Sony Package including "BBC Earth", "Sony Ten", "Sony Pix", etc.).

I tried all firmware revisions of Skysat V20 (my receiver's hardware is the Middle East / Asia version). I tried to upload all known ECM and EMM keys for those channels into the receiver. No way to open any channels on Sony Package, on Asiasat 7 @ 105.5°E on the frequency of 4180 MHz.

On the other hand "BBC Earth", "Sony Ten", "Sony Pix" and some other channels on the same satellite are being successfully opened at the same time on another Chinese receiver, namely Freesat V8.

What is wrong with Skysat receivers? Are they inferior?

It's high time the developers in China should address this issue as soon as possible in order to fix this annoying bug in the firmware!

Sony-Package.jpg

Last edited:

vakula

Super VIP
China boxes like SKYSAT etc..are not able to open TANDBERG by default ( AU, if you mean that) :)
You need to put keys manually to got channel clear.
For POWERVU:
Maybe this last (too old) firmware version is obsolete for handling newer hash for Sony package.
The only way to handle newer hash is through firmware update. Because , fix is integrated in the firmware itself.
Probably , the V8 had relased many newer firmware updates, that SKYSAT doesn't.
My opinion :)

De Fault

Registered
I did not read this Forum for more than 2 years so I am not aware of the new hash problem. Thank you for your information.

Registered
Apakah kotak skysat tidak bisa menggulung biss automatis sekarang?? Kotak saya tidak bekerja lagi menggulung biss automatis