7100HD also stuck in loading

barret

Registered
My 7100 HD is also is locked in the loading mode. The only way to get the receiver to boot up is to power off by the main switch for an extended period of time. As long as the unit is not turned off it will function ok. The only changes I had made were upgrading to the 020700 firmware and doing one auto scan. I have done Factory, channel and system defaults, I have reloaded 020600 firmware and I tried reloading an old channel list. Googling this shows me I am not alone with this problem. Does anyone know of a fix? Can these units be Jtagged like the Pansats? Sending this back to Germany with two way shipping cost of over a $100. is out for now.

Thank You
Chris

Viking61

Registered
I remember I saw on another forum that there were problems with the power supply on some of the tuners causing this problem. After contacting Vantage they sent him a new power supply. I think this solved the problem for him.

I will try to find that post and post the link.

barret

Registered
I remember I saw on another forum that there were problems with the power supply on some of the tuners causing this problem. After contacting Vantage they sent him a new power supply. I think this solved the problem for him.

I will try to find that post and post the link.

Again Viking61 Thank You for taking the time to help.
I have the unit through a 110 to 220v voltage adapter. I know it is also 110 ready so I will eliminate the adapter a hook to 110 direct. Maybe the lower voltage supply will change something? If not I will wait for your link.

Viking61

Registered
It's like always. When you look for something, you don't find it.

What I remember from the post is that one guy complained about problems with the tuner freezing. To get it working again, he had to turn it off and on manually with the power button at the back. It didn't help whatever firmware he installed. The tuner still acted the same. After contacting Vantage support, they sent him a new power supply and that solved the problem.

Maybe it's not exactly the same problem that you face, but the symptoms seem a bit similar. I would send an email to Vantage support and ask them what they think can be the cause.

barret

Registered
It's like always. When you look for something, you don't find it.

What I remember from the post is that one guy complained about problems with the tuner freezing. To get it working again, he had to turn it off and on manually with the power button at the back. It didn't help whatever firmware he installed. The tuner still acted the same. After contacting Vantage support, they sent him a new power supply and that solved the problem.

Maybe it's not exactly the same problem that you face, but the symptoms seem a bit similar. I would send an email to Vantage support and ask them what they think can be the cause.

I think I will do that. I just have had no luck with getting a response from Vantage. I don't know if I am EMailing to the right section but I never get a response. I use info@vantage-digital.
I did try hooking to 110 just for the heck of it with no results. I didn't expect much there anyways. I took a quick look at the power supply for swollen caps and loose connections but everything looks good.

Oh by the way sorry about the double post in the other thread. I didn't notice it until too late and now the edit feature is gone so I can't remove it.

barret

Registered
I am still waiting for a response from Vantage but in the meantime I found this on another site but it was in German so this is a google translation and I just want to get a confirmation that I am understanding it correctly before I mess things up further.

C&P
and the receiver is now stuck with "Loading" displayed on the front of the receiver ...

Any ideas how I can fix this or is my receiver dead? Any ideas how I can fix this or is my receiver dead?

Regards

Hello !! Hello!

Now you can flash your firmware (011800) only with the serialport and the channeleditor.
After flashing you shout restore your old settings.
Than fash the new firmware and save your settings.
Don´t make factoryreset before you have saved your settings.

regards Regards

Does this mean to flash the receiver with only file 011800 and if so would anyone here know why this particular file?

Thanks
Chris

okkkkk

Registered
I am still waiting for a response from Vantage but in the meantime I found this on another site but it was in German so this is a google translation and I just want to get a confirmation that I am understanding it correctly before I mess things up further.

C&P
and the receiver is now stuck with "Loading" displayed on the front of the receiver ...

Any ideas how I can fix this or is my receiver dead? Any ideas how I can fix this or is my receiver dead?

Regards

Hello !! Hello!

Now you can flash your firmware (011800) only with the serialport and the channeleditor.
After flashing you shout restore your old settings.
Than fash the new firmware and save your settings.
Don´t make factoryreset before you have saved your settings.

regards Regards

Does this mean to flash the receiver with only file 011800 and if so would anyone here know why this particular file?

Thanks
Chris

I tried that also but no luck. I will try maybe next weekend to use a blower onto power suply unit! (if the problem is from heating)