How to ... Experts wher R U ...

albalaji

Registered
I bought new Vu solo 2 with default software image..

1. Can I add new image like blackhole beside original image?
2.Is I possible to install MeoBoot on original image?
3. if there is an update comes to any image ,How I can update that image without loosing other image?

" if I have original image then I install other image ,after while the other image has an new version ,how I can update that image vi MeoBoot ?

thanks

Jimdefruit

Registered
In simple terms, the image is the operating system of a linux satellite receiver. Why would you want more than one image? Ok so Blackhole gives options to run several 'universes' on the box. i.e. You can have the box with different personalised user interfaces and MeoBoot allows you to have several images on board which you can select before a reboot.

It is very easy to change images and most people will find a particular image that suits them and from then on stick mainly to that image.

In my case, I found the VTI image some time ago and stick with that. I have tried all of the other images as they come out but always find something I dont like and so go back to the VTI image.

Before you try to load a new image into your VU, make sure you save a backup copy of your existing image and also your settings and any emu files that you have loaded.

Just install your preferred or a new test image using a usb stick and give several a try before you find the one you like.

RIDER

"Vanity is definitely my favorite sin"
Super VIP
first make the latest blackhole on flash then make the meoboot you can install usb then put everything on usb