NewGame :If I could turn back time?

ararat

@a911:)
I quit in 2000, after 20 years of smoking. I swore to god that I would never do it again (except marihuana, if I needed it for medical purpose - but it´s not necessary now). I cannot break my promise.
After my promise, I did NOT throw away my cigarettes - I left them at home. There´s no use, throwing them away. Smokers who can´t live with the feeling of not smoking, will always go and buy new ones (even late at night). So one should be able to do it with cigarettes close at hand, knowing they are just one step away with a lighter and an ashtray ready beside them.
I could only do it when I had nothing else to do (no duties). I just placed bottles of mineral water in front of me on the living room table, sat down on my chair, switched on tv and tried to become quiet, peaceful and tired. Whenever I wanted to smoke, I drank water and afterwards took a really deep breath. After one week I could leave the house again - but it took years not to think of cigarettes any more (even nowadays, I still sometimes do). Breathing deeply always helps.
If possible, don´t let people smoke at your home, if you want to quit. (I don´t let them any more, although they smoke. They go outside the house.)
Smoking "friends" always like the thought of making you a smoker again. It´s satisfying for them and a kind of triumph, because it´s not only them who are too weak to stop, but others (you), too, when they succed to get you to smoke again.
How often did I hear "I can´t bear seing, how you are suffering - take one of my cigarettes", when I had just proudly explained to have stopped smoking for more than a week or so?
Your friends will envy you, if you can stop smoking, while they can´t and will discuss with you for a long time, why they themselves don´t quit, although they easily could, as they say.
"I´m too busy to quit now - I´ll need more rest for this." versus "Not now, I won´t ruin my only holiday" versus "We all have to die sooner or later" and many, many more .........:rolleyes:;)

I wouldn´t have gone to bed that early last night - couldn´t sleep for hours then and had to watch tv to get tired enough again for some more sleep:eek:

unieno

Registered
I would have owned the bakery store when I was living in Newyork many, many years ago.
It was my best dream,but it's only a dream up until now...haha :):rolleyes:

ararat

I would tell my grandparents (who had a bakery store in a northern city of Germany) not to keep their saved money on their bank, but to buy the vast area of plain land they were offered before the second world war.

Their (old Reichsmark) money wasn´t worth a dime after the war, but the land that they could have bought had already become a complete urban district of the city (with lots of houses, shops, etc.), at the time I was born.
Owning this land our families would have become very rich. (But perhaps my mother would have chosen another husband then and I wouldn´t exist?)

My grandparents had bought some land before the war, though - my mother inherited it (my uncle, being a baker, inherited the bakery).

Later my brother, sister and me got one third of my mother´s land each - but it´s farmland since I was born and probably won´t become a building area as long as I live. We didn´t divide the land, because we can only lease it to a farmer, anyway. The lease we get paid, is just sufficient to take care of our parents grave.

ararat

Yes, I wouldn´t have bought so many (4) ci-modules, as well, because softcams can do a much better job in satreceiver;).
(Now I only still really need one Alphacrypt for my cable tv set´s ci-module slot - still got cable tv for some reasons - too long to explain.)

So, if I could turn back time, I would google earlier ...

terval

Well Known Member
I would probably do all my previous errors, blunders, follies, imprudences, nonsenses...... again.
One just can´t get out of his skin.

ararat

I would buy a house (I undoubtedly could have afforded it) instead of paying the rent for other people´s houses.

jan55

Well Known Member
If I could turn back time ...
- first: I would go out of this fucking country (Serbia)
- second: same

a911

Well Known Member
If I could turn back time,,,
I would traveled the world single,,,,:superman:!

ararat

If I could turn back time,
I wouldn´t walk to the letterbox in the neighbouring road again, as I did yesterday afternoon.

Only 300 meters down and 300 meters up the hill, that I live on, but enough to let my broken vertebrae ache badly again:rolleyes:.

Before my walk I was already recreating, after I had broken the bone last weekend. Pain had already become weaker and yesterday morning close to being gone.

Since after my walk pain is fully back :eek: ...

:(:eek::mad::death:

I should take one of my pills now and then return ... :funnyanimation21:

:emot2::emot0::emot107:

jan55

Well Known Member
thirdly - 8th May 1980, I would go out of this fucking country (RS) to live and work somewhere abroad!!! :mad:

ararat

Yes, would be good if we could go back and wipe out such :mecry:- days/times from history.

Most people only want to live and work in peace, but there are always a few who want to rule the world by all means :eek::mad: ...

a911

Well Known Member
hi may be smb have a ideas about new games?

How about missing word:-

The sky is... ( write a line with a missing word)

The sky is Blue ( 2nd poster will fill in the missing word, and

introduce/write a statement with a missing word)