EchoLink 777 keeps losing signal

setting

Registered
Hello,

I have had an Echolink 777 for about a month now. Quite often when skipping through channels it loses the signal. If I go to the menu and turn LNB Power OFF and then straight back ON, the signal comes back. I could then skip through some channels and might lose the signal again, so have to switch the LNB power back on again via the menu.

Does anyone else have this problem, or knows a way around it? Even if there was a shortcut key to turn LNB power OFF and ON quickly without going to the menu, then it wouldn't be so bad.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

setting

Registered
I installed the latest sw.v1.3.7.111307.zip firmware. Is that what you mean by clone software. Excuse my ignorance.

Cheers

setting

Registered
I have some more info on my problem in case it might help.

I have noticed that I lose the signal when skipping from a channel on Hotbird to a channel on Astra 1 and vice-versa. It happens most times but not always. As I said before by switching LNB power OFF/ON from menu it comes back.

I have a twin LNB (Universal). I do not get this problem if I use my old XSAT decoder so I am guessing the satellite hardware/setup is ok.

I have experiemented with various settings for the LNB within the Echolink menus but to no avail.

If anyone could offer advice, then that would be great.