Advice on 920HD

sillyprice

Registered
Hi guys,
I was a dreambox lover until I was converted to VU+Duo. I had all kind of problems with the VU and wish to return to Dreambox. I am used with mgcamd and cccam but after reading, what you expert are saying, I am confused. It is to understand that these cams are not working anymore with 920HD and a different cam must be used? (I think I read something about oscam). Is oscam as stable and as easy to setup as mgcamd or cccam?. I have used my boxes for satellite only but I wish to expand to cable. Is oscam able to handle cable? Thank you for your help and expertise

vladan !!

Registered
Hi guys,
I was a dreambox lover until I was converted to VU+Duo. I had all kind of problems with the VU and wish to return to Dreambox. I am used with mgcamd and cccam but after reading, what you expert are saying, I am confused. It is to understand that these cams are not working anymore with 920HD and a different cam must be used? (I think I read something about oscam). Is oscam as stable and as easy to setup as mgcamd or cccam?. I have used my boxes for satellite only but I wish to expand to cable. Is oscam able to handle cable? Thank you for your help and expertise
i have dm 900 4K
for me the best are
vu+ 4K tunner dvb s2x
or octagon 4K tunner dvb s2x
both work oscam
and both morre suportes images then dm !!

sillyprice

Registered
Thank you for the advice. It is to understand that Dreambox does not support oscam? I also need a tuner for cable. Does VU4k has one?

mr.strauss

Registered
Oscam and Gbox work perfectly on the DM900/920

And all other Dreamboxes with DreamOS (52x / 820/7080)

sillyprice

Registered
I meant 2TB. Drinking over Christmas made my brain slow. . Last Dreambox I owned was 7020 before moving to VU+ DUO. I presume the new box is as easy to flash as the old one via a browser? Have you got a "how to" for 920 to refresh my memory? Being a new box which image should I use?

mr.strauss

Registered
No Gemini Image does not exist.
There is a GP plugin you can install. Best in the original DreamOS unstable image. Also works in Merlin Image.

Flashing Image over Browser / Rescue Loader

Watch the video the same as DM520,820,7080,900,920

https://youtu.be/FcWW7cnywPI

sillyprice

Registered
So gemini is out of the window now. Thank you for the link but I don't speak german. So which image do you advice to install?

mr.strauss

Registered
I recommend an image based on DreamOS

original unstable
Merlin
OoZooN
Newnigma2
Dream Elite

Video for flashing is available on YT also in English

sillyprice

Registered
Thank you.
I presume I just have to play with the images to find the best suitable for me. I will write again here after I do some serious testing.

sillyprice

Registered
I did more reading. There are 2 types of images: tar.bz2 and nfi.
nfi can be installed via web browser but how do you install a tar.bz2 image? You put it in tmp folder then manual install? Thank you

mr.strauss

Registered
I have the original unstable image installed.
Without GP plugin only with Oscam.
I have no DM920 but DM7080.

The image extension would be for DreamOS Image tar.xz

Not DreamOS Image like openATV have another ending

sillyprice

Registered
The reason I asked is that you have uploaded a PLI image for 920HD which has an tar.bz2 extension. Can that image be installed and does it support multiboot. Can I simply install oscam from plugins?

sillyprice

Registered
Dreambox arrived safely. I have tried 4 images and in the end I have decided to install original unstable. Could you guys help me install oscam and to configure it? Also are there any programs to make Bouquets or Favourites? Thank you

sillyprice

Registered
Since I wrote last post I have come a long way.
I installed Newenigma2 Image and manage to install oscam #1524
Could you help me set it up please?
Also can you suggest any programs that can edit bouquets or favourites?
many thanks