irdeto cardless system

lutashobya

Registered
Integrating the latest Irdeto Cloaked CA system, the Cardless CI+ 1.3 CAM is designed to allow subscribers to watch encrypted TV programmes without a smart card while ensuring the carrier's secure transmission, and minimising operators' costs. It is fully compatible with CI+ 1.3 standard and keeps backward compatibility.

Is this the end???

headhache

Registered
Integrating the latest Irdeto Cloaked CA system, the Cardless CI+ 1.3 CAM is designed to allow subscribers to watch encrypted TV programmes without a smart card while ensuring the carrier's secure transmission, and minimising operators' costs. It is fully compatible with CI+ 1.3 standard and keeps backward compatibility.

Is this the end???
nope i think this is just begining of providers collapse

you can ask cpu manufacturer of this cardless cam about security levell criteria i think it has no more than EAL4 while todays secure smartcards have EAL6+ , if this device will be hacked full emulation of encryption system would be performed .. not just stupid CS

Tonboyre

Registered
nope i think this is just begining of providers collapse

you can ask cpu manufacturer of this cardless cam about security levell criteria i think it has no more than EAL4 while todays secure smartcards have EAL6+ , if this device will be hacked full emulation of encryption system would be performed .. not just stupid CS

Conax has already went in exactly the same direction (CI+ 1.3 card-less CAMs). How certain are you about the security levels?

Last edited:

headhache

Registered
Conax has already went in exactly the same direction (CI+ 1.3 card-less CAMs). How certain are you about the security levels?
it means if they passed EAL4 then this device could be hacked with cheap tools (much more cheaper than needed to hack smartcards) the rest of informations you can find in google ;)

Tonboyre

Registered
it means if they passed EAL4 then this device could be hacked with cheap tools (much more cheaper than needed to hack smartcards) the rest of informations you can find in google ;)

How certain are you that CI+ 1.3 card-less CAMs are EAL4?