How to Convert from SSL84B to SSL84D

ciscostaz

Registered
Dear All,

I have a clone dreambox 800HD with #ssl84b. The tuner became bad and i was off for almost 2 years. The last image i installed then was DDD-dm800-OE1.6-v6.0 -ramiMAHER #ssl84b which was posted on 19-06-2013. I just replaced the tuner and noticed that newer images have the new Secondstage 84D and i've not been able to install any .

Please i need your help. Kindly guide me(or point out where it was discuss) on how to convert my bootloader from SSL84B to SSL84D. I want to install the new images.

Thanks.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You just need to flash the latest 84d bootloader by browser like you would an image then flash the 84d image oif your choice.

ciscostaz

Registered
Wow!!! So simple. Thanks Ferret

I downloaded the second stage files and noticed it has two files inside

1. sim201_ssl84D.nfi
2. sim201_ssl84D.bin

It so i will install the two?

Also, after installing the bootloader, will i reboot the dreambox before installing the image? or I will install the bootloader & image together before rebooting?

Thanks as i await your response

Last edited:

HDSD

Registered
1st install boot loader after loading boot loader your boot loader change from your old to your new loder .
then image your box

ciscostaz

Registered
I stumbled on this guide for upgrading the bootloader.

-Flashing original images (or clone image for dm 800 hd clones).
1- load sim2 ssl84 bootloader to dreambox in setup mode by dreamup or internet explorer method then reboot the dreambox to setup mode again to activate the new ssl
2- Flash the original (or clone image for dm 800 hd clones) image by dreamup or internet explorer methods
3- without rebooting the dreambox flash again the sim2 ssl84 bootloader immediatley
4-reboot the dreambox .

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Dear All,

I have a clone dreambox 800HD with #ssl84b. The tuner became bad and i was off for almost 2 years. The last image i installed then was DDD-dm800-OE1.6-v6.0 -ramiMAHER #ssl84b which was posted on 19-06-2013. I just replaced the tuner and noticed that newer images have the new Secondstage 84D and i've not been able to install any .

Please i need your help. Kindly guide me(or point out where it was discuss) on how to convert my bootloader from SSL84B to SSL84D. I want to install the new images.

Thanks.

re thinking this mate becuase you have 84b ssl already all you have to do is flash the 84d image it will update the bootloader too.

It wont hurt to flash 84d first but its not needed.

ciscostaz

Registered
Thanks Ferret

My upgrade was successful. I followed the step by installing ssl84d bootloader, reboot, install 84d image, install ssl84d bootloader then rebooted.

Am grateful. No error at all.

THanks.