illusion error message & shutdown problem

hoppo1

Registered
Have an illusion M3 and it keeps saying "cable short circuit, box will turn off when press OK" and it does.
I have turned the box on and left it for ages (no coaxial connected) and it just stays on, no problem. But, when i enter the installation menu and go to the satellites (still no coaxial connected) by the time i get to THOR the error message comes up. What can i do? Will changing it to KYNG fix the bug?
I have opened her up, dusted here out and changed the firmware from the official site from 6.20 to 6.01 and it is still doing it.:eek:

lezb

Registered
I had the same problem my friend and the following worked for me.I switched on box and went to menu ,installation and rescanned on any other satellite than the one the short circuit appeared on originally.I allowed the scan to run and saved new scan.This has worked for me on a number of occasions as to why it works I have no idea I found out by trial and error give it a try hope it helps you.
lezb

hoppo1

Registered
It hasn´t worked Lezb. i will chage the firmware back to 6.20 and try again. I´ll keep you informed.