Mut@nt HD51 [4K/UHD, H265 HEVC, DVB-S2X & Multistream!]

wolfen

Hi

Anyone tested this receiver Mutant HD51 4K UHD H.265 HEVC DVB Linux Enigma2 Digital Receiver ? Recommend ?

£199 UK

4k receiver from mutant and nice price.
Any better at that price ?

Anyone tested it ?

bartoma55

Registered
sorry for my poor english...

arrived on my table yesterday.
two tuners (dvb.s2 and dvb.t2/c).
low cost, minimal user panel interface (no lcd).
easy to load openpli 4 nightly build via FAT32 usb pen.
very fast on boot and enigma2 load.
video output configurable for all tv hdmi resolutions up to 3840x2560 (not 4k, really tv ultraHD, using 4k logo, but 4k is cinematographic 4096×2160).
no troubles scanning terrestrial channels (more channels than nearest tv ...).
fast channel change. very nice view of Ultra hd test channels on hot.bird.13E. no blocks or "wait me" cursor at all.
mounted 4TB 3.5" hdu (all necessary space available into case).
instant recording of channel at 3840x2560 in .ts format.
i'm not able to do timeshift (all trials take about 30 minutes in the middle of the night...).
mkv h265 encoded files at 3840x2560 resolution aren't directly playables (due to unavailability of software decoding).

that's all folks! (for now ...)

wolfen

I just got mine receiver now..
It's fast..
i'm using vix image wich i dont like, sat channel scanning dont work so good.. channels often get Tuning Failed. added iptv and it works very very good..
Now i'm going to test openatv image and openpli image as vix is too bad for me and my use.. when i try to scan terrestrial channels the box crashes de lux. .
Any dual boot for this ?

miss-peanut

Registered
Hi,

I use this box, very good indeed.. I find it rapid compared to a lot of receivers and I'm using ViX4E2PROECT, simple to use and looks great! :)

Highly rate the receiver indeed and a great price for £199 with 2 tuners.. got an internal 2.5 HDD in mine too :)

Miss Peanut

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
Great little open source E2 compatible box, running Openvix-5.1.029 (HD51 yellow folder installed fine, no issues whatsoever) at the moment getting Multistreams @ 39°E, 5°W & 12.5°W (not enough signal at 21.6°E and the La7 channels are at 5°W so no worries I cant seem to get them at 9°E), getting the Swiss TF1/TFX/TMC Muxx @ 33.1°E DVB-S2X and of course UHD channels such as TRT 4K @ 42°E. Added over 100 channels to my current list on the Technomate TM7102 (more channels than I currently get from 40°E, 20°E, 10°E, 5°E, 5°W & 11°W C-Band combined)

I would put OpenATV 6.1 but the download from the official site is corrupted (yes I registered but still no joy), so I cant try the Multistream T2-MI Without PLS channels on 4.8E(Ku-Band) or 40E(C-Band). Trying to work out which other images supports T2-MI I'm probably going to try ViX4E2PROJECT image next .......but any recommendations ... ?

triplex1

working perfect with openatv in flash and openvix , hyperion 6.1 , openpli in usb3.0 with multiboot

7mDzOfj.jpg

DCfN0jh.jpg

titus69

Registered
looking to get a uhd receiver, i thinking off getting one off these with openpli, question is can i add biss keys manually for feeds etc.

triplex1

looking to get a uhd receiver, i thinking off getting one off these with openpli, question is can i add biss keys manually for feeds etc.

Yes you can do it but believe me this receiver does everything and from the market price is the best

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
and can playback 4:2:2 thru PC (as all other E2 boxes) tested part of Arsenal - Huddersfield Town today