Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Satellite Tv Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Technomate TM-5302HD

Satellite Tv Chat

Old 03-08-2022, 00:36  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Technomate TM-5302HD

I have just got a used Technomate TM-5302HD receiver to play around with. It hasn't arrived yet but I was wondering if there is anything I should know about using it, patches and so on. It's just for messing about with really, cheap.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:17  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 105,929 Times in 22,062 Posts

is a decent Free To Air HD Box , lol's
but long since has been irrelevant ,

patch Here from 2016 => https://www.sat-universe.com/showpos...9&postcount=44

Menu was never the best either but can add a C or N line
but do not expect any miracles as TM-5302HD is really old and 5+ years ago since last software update .

just have no clue why you'd want to buy this waste of money box regardless how cheap it was
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barney115 For This Useful Post:
ChaLeeBoy (03-08-2022), william-1 (06-08-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 15:07  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

So it's a pile then. I'll pass it on to Mum for her Freesat.
Old 03-08-2022, 15:18  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

You can't buy a replacement remote control for it for what I paid for it. So not a waste.
Old 03-08-2022, 15:28  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,121 Posts

It has a good tuner, no channel editor as such, prob 10 years old.

Last edited by manic01; 03-08-2022 at 15:30..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
barney115 (03-08-2022), ChaLeeBoy (03-08-2022)
Old 03-08-2022, 15:58  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
It has a good tuner, no channel editor as such, prob 10 years old.
I will probably either pass it to the old dear or flog it for spares, comes with original remote. Might make a profit.
Old 03-08-2022, 20:25  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaLeeBoy View Post
I will probably either pass it to the old dear or flog it for spares, comes with original remote. Might make a profit.
What did you pay for it? £15 would be about right.
Old 06-08-2022, 15:24  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
What did you pay for it? £15 would be about right.
Tenner mate.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChaLeeBoy For This Useful Post:
manic01 (06-08-2022)
Old 06-08-2022, 17:51  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I've had a good look at it today and it reminds me of the MVision HD270 that I have here. Not a bad little receiver for Freesat.
Old 06-08-2022, 18:35  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 9,830 Times in 3,509 Posts

I have been using these receivers for approx 15 years they are 1=TM5302 HD 1st edition, (This is twice as big as the more recent receivers)
2=Octagon SX88+ HD Optima
3=Octagon SX88 SE 4K UHD

I mainly use the TM5302HD as it is highly sensitive for weak feeds with the 0.2 Inverto Black Ultra I do not reccomend this set up for general viewing as the strong transponders overload the tuner = no signal on some.

The Blind Scan on the 2 Octagons is very good but as I cannot seperate some strong transponders on 10E/9E as it needs a lot of editing due to the inflexibility of the Blind Scan (You cannot choose the scan frequencies) this is only possible with the TM5302HD.

All Tests are with the OP Gibertini 100 XP.

Lnb's tested recently (Universal Single LNB's)
1/Inverto Black Ultra 0.2
2/Inverto IDLT412-Ultra OPN
3/Inverto IDLP-410-Premium OPN
4/Golden Media 201 +

In order of best performance for weak signals.

I did have 3 x TM5302HD & 1 x TM5502 now down to just 2,excellent for feed hunting with the following set up,

If you are going to use this receiver for freesat via a mini dish then the Golden Media or Inverto IDLT412-Ultra OPN Lnb will be a better choice to prevent tuner overload.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3840.jpg (955.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3835.jpg (956.9 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by william-1; 06-08-2022 at 18:39..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to william-1 For This Useful Post:
ChaLeeBoy (07-08-2022), kippysat (07-08-2022)