xMx

Registered
Hi mate
Ipbox 9000 HD is full HD?
I dont know which are good:confused: Dreambox 8000 or Ipbox 9000 plus:confused:
regards

mirg

Registered
And the ipBox 9000HD IS working, nobody knows if the DM8000 is working. And there is a big price different! :)

animal666

Registered
ipbox 9000HD is 1080i as nothing is broadcast in 1080p, DM8000 is ellusive, its been coming out forever, and ive never seen one for sale, ipbox is great anyway.

MAKBAR

Registered
dm keep telling u its comming i waited about 3 years and gaveup and bought the 9000hd.

9000hd= reality
dm8000= dream

ararat

duke mukem (8000) forever ! :rolleyes: ??

but i (we?) have to live with imperfect ipbox 900 HD (mine: 2x cable tuner, original r7712 image, Alphacrypt classic CAM, P..e Smartcard)

- works with interrupts in hd transport stream - sometimes half a second frozen picture, sometimes short sound dropouts, especially when AC3 5.1 ( nearly no probs with sd movies or dolby surround - even PIP works then)
- doesn't release hdd space when movies are deleted (have to format, to get space back)
-likes to freeze when started from standby instead of being booted, so that powercontrol must be set to "complete shutdown" in menu and in timer recordings
- when recording hd with timer, the box must boot with the hd-cable-station of which should be recorded (not possible to boot with D.sc.v.ry_HD, but timer-record Pr..e_HD), otherwise nothing will be recorded (black screen)

but i must admit that in the four weeks i own the box, it was possible for me to record some hd movies with nearly no mistakes (only two short dropouts per hour)

ARE YOUR EXPERIENCES THE SAME ?

or should i give sif a try or do anything else (except hanging myself up:confused:)?

Last edited:

mirg

Registered
Maybe your cabel tuners are defect! There ARE defect cabel tuners on the market.
I have 2 DVB-S2 tuners and NO drop outs!:)

ararat

@ mirg: thx m8 :)

If my cable tuners were defect, how could i find out?

friend thinks my cable connection is too bad for HD, because problems mostly occur when 5.1 sound is on (too much data?)
or reason could be my alphacrypt CAM - probs happen mainly on P..eHD with 5.1 sound - not Disc-yHD with 5.1 sound (perhaps different encryption?).

mirg

Registered
Go to AbCom.de and klick on news, there you can read about the defect cabel tuners!:)

ararat

thx a lot @ mirg :clapping:
(& heinzhugo - although your post was deleted :mecry: by admin before i could read it) :)

Now i really believe, my friend must be wrong (...cable connection and CAM not o.k) and you are right!
Will have my tuners exchanged. Very happy now.

Good help in this forum!

ararat

Information: Tuners were already o.k., but not seated correctly in their slots.
thx to mirg again - i wouldn't have found out, if i hadn't had to open my box (Ab-com wanted me to photograph the tuners)
Perhaps this may help others, who have dropouts or problems to find channels ?

ocaklilar

Registered
duke mukem (8000) forever ! :rolleyes: ??

- doesn't release hdd space when movies are deleted (have to format, to get space back)

ARE YOUR EXPERIENCES THE SAME ?

Unfortunately, yes. To have to format is not a good way because there may be some movies that you want to keep them on hdd.

I prefer to delete all folders and files whose names begin with tmp or ~tmp in the /media folder via FTP to get the hard drive space back.

Last edited:

ararat

Unfortunately, yes. To have to format is not a good way because there may be some movies that you want to keep them on hdd.

I prefer to delete all folders and files whose names begin with tmp or ~tmp in the /media folder via FTP to get the hard drive space back.

thx m8 :thum: i will give it a try.

Already formatted hdd twice - losing a few movies that i hadn't had the time for to save on minibluray-DVD. During last ftp session i was already close to delete tmp-folders (of deleted movies), but wasn't sure about bad consequences.

added: I use filezilla. Hope the tool can handle with that - it has a "delete"-option.:)

Last edited: