Tps.bin on dreambox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Thx to Slime for writing this:
I stumbled upon a little windows app that seems to allow your PC to read the TPS.BIN file via vPlug 1.4.0. This app then acts as a server for your Dreambox and using Newcamd, it can then request the valid TPS key from PC. If this is old news, I apologise but haven't found this info elsewhere to be honest - maybe I am blind? Anyway - just in case you are not watching TPS...

What you will need:
================================================== =======
1) Valid TPS.BIN file (daily updated file - found on the net).
2) A PC and a Dreambox - networked with Newcamd (6.10b?) installed and OK.
3) The PC App - called SBCL and vPlug 1.4.0.

Step by Step Instructions that I did to get it all to work (working now):
1) UnRar/Unzip SBCL to C:\SBCL folder on your PC. You should end up with 3 files and 1 folder in C:\SBCL namely...
a) SBCL v1.0g.exe
b) SBCL v1.0i.exe
c) SBCL.INI.
d) There should also be a Plugins folder inside the C:\SBCL folder. This Plugins folder is where vPlug 1.4.0 lives and also this is where you should also put the updated TPS.BIN file - you will need to overwrite this file every day!

2) OK - now that you have it all un-rared/unzipped and you have an up to date tps.bin file...Double click on SBCL v1.0i.exe (the SBCL v1.0g.exe didn't seem to work for me)
3) Click on the Tuner tab and click the Stop button near the top.
4) Enter your local Dreambox IP address 192.168.0.38 or whatever (leave the port at 6001 unless you have to change it)
5) Swap the Protocol dropdown to Newcamd
6) Click on the Start button
7) Click on the Info tab (useful to see what is going on)
8) Select vPlug from the menu and ensure Active is ticked/enabled - if not select it so that it is ticked
9) Select vPlug menu and then Show Info (very useful to see what is going on - like when the dream connects to the PC in a bit)
10) Now, on Dreambox, edit /var/tuxbox/config/newcamd/newcamd.conf file (copy to PC and edit using Notepad and then copy back to Dreambox if you like). Look for the line that reads # CWS = uds 1 dummy dummy and underneath it add the following line:

CWS = 192.168.0.39 6001 test test 0102030405060708091011121314

But swap the 192.168.0.39 for the IP address of the PC which you are now running SBCL on - get the idea? 2 way comms between the PC and the Dream on port 6001.
11) Start Newcamd (or restart it) on a TPS channel and it should clear after a little while.

Problems I have had:
1) Very jerky when requests keys
2) Sometimes it just freezes and I have to restart newcamd
3) Setting PC clock back 30 seconds seems to help a bit. If you telnet into your Dream and do a date command, the dream always seems to be 30 secs behind the PC? Untick use Internet Time option on Windows Time/Date dialog and then set it back 30 seconds.

It seems to work better with mgcamd. It is same thing, you just start mgcamd on your dream instead of newcamd. And mgcamd might look for newcamd.conf in a different place then where it is by default for newcamd. So make sure you edit any newcamd.conf you find. It freezes sometimes. I haven't had much time to test it, but it is something at least. But I hope emu developers will come up with solution for us dreamers soon. I've gathered what is needed of files in one folder but you'll have to update tps.bin.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Great Program Anymore of these programs around,so we can get ie prem.sct,
Happy Christmas To All :)

This can't help you much on that. It is basicly doing sharing between vplug and newcamd. And since vplug can decrypt tps with daily tps.bin added you get to open it on dreambox too.

aaronblastok

Registered
What version of newcamd should I be using?
And would it be working also with MGCamd 1.16?
Would it be working also with Evocamd?

Thanks,
Aaron.

Last edited:

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Any version of newcamd should be fine, but it doesn't work that good with newcamd. Don't take that text I quoted for granted. I just copied it so it wouldn't seem that I am taking credit for someone else's idea.
I tried it with mgcamd1.16, other versions should work fine, as well as evocamd.

aaronblastok

Registered
Any version of newcamd should be fine, but it doesn't work that good with newcamd. Don't take that text I quoted for granted. I just copied it so it wouldn't seem that I am taking credit for someone else's idea.
I tried it with mgcamd1.16, other versions should work fine, as well as evocamd.

Actually vPlug is telling me that T*S.bin has expired!!! What now?

courier

Registered
TPS.bin only lasts for 24 hours, running out about 4 in the morning, so you need a fresh file every day. :thum:

aaronblastok

Registered
TPS.bin only lasts for 24 hours, running out about 4 in the morning, so you need a fresh file every day. :thum:

OK, this is what a newbie like mie didn't know about :eek:
Thanks so far.

Now, is there any means of having that T*S.bin updated "automagically"?

aaronblastok

Registered
I'm still curious: how is it possible to "make" a T*S.bin file and what are its contents?
Could I be making myself one?

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
I'm still curious: how is it possible to "make" a T*S.bin file and what are its contents?
Could I be making myself one?

I'll quote a member called marder that posted an answer to that on one dvb board:

Basically, there are two ways to obtain the tps.bin :

1) Make a dump from the memory of an official receiver and extract the keys list (with the help of the firmware disassembly to eventually decipher the contents).
2) Obtain the keys list when they are transmitted over the air (Open-TV stream).

Now you consider if there is a chance to get one yourself :)

The content of it is aes keys I guess. But there is no use of keys because new tpscrypt algo is not implemented in any of dreambox emus. Unfortunately support for dreambox seems to be late on that for now. It has been implemented first on goldboxes thx to some great people, and then on vplug thx to Vahid. Then other boxes followed. So either dreambox support is just slow due to holiday season or they are preparing some game to boost dm8000 when it comes out.

brex

Registered
I have a problem with sbcl plugin after to have executed the several configurations they give to always this errore:Connection with SBCLx2 to me error (10061). help me thanks

diable008

Registered
Maybe you have not configure your ip adress correctly in newcamd conf, look at this first. I have the same pb when i install it.
Good luck:D

aaronblastok

Registered
I have a problem with sbcl plugin after to have executed the several configurations they give to always this errore:Connection with SBCLx2 to me error (10061). help me thanks

SBCLx2 has not to be used nor configured. You just have to care about SBCL "Tuner" section.

dreamer01

Donating Member
As Rocknroll said works perfect with mgcamd, no freezes..... and by the way those who are having problems to make sbcl work on their box check your firewall. :thum:

ggiuseppe

What? Does it mean that I don't have to use any external software like I'm doing now? (SBCL+vPlug)???

Thanks!
Mgcamd 1.18 supports the new tpscrypt algo, this means that the only thing that you need to do is to put a fresh tps.bin (whenever available) into \var\keys.

It works fine. No SBCL needed, no longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.