Fausto as a Server?

kennyboy

Registered
i hope some1 can help me here. im useing stb v+ duo with cccam 2.2.1and ive been looking on the board most of the day how to set fausto up as server. i fount how to set up clien but its server im looking for im useing bh 1.7.8 so if thers a guide how to set up fausto as server please piont me to it . i see there is a post how to do client .but when i go into fausto server there is nothing saying how to set up cccam server there is in client bit so if any1 can help please just a guide will do like there is for client thank you.

looking for a pdf how to use fausto with cccam 2.2.1 as server im useing stb v+duo with bh 1.7.8. i can see how client is set up but i cannot find how to set server up only that newcamd is used.if so do i use that.and do i have to open any ports on my router.or is it on cccam config been looking for a giude alday on forum but cannot find 1 any help please thanks.

Rickk

Registered
fausto server info in the notes
use vplug server, which is simpler

Last edited:

kennyboy

Registered
im unable to download untill tomorrow the board is saying ive reached my download limit ill try tomorrow thanks for reply

kennyboy

Registered
fausto server info in the notes
use vplug server, which is simpler

thanks mate managed to download the the files today but i cannot see anything to do with vplug do i have to down load that on its own. my stb isv+duo image 1.7.8 and im useing windows 7 64 bit. i cannot see vplug in the read me thanks for uploading them. can you explain a bit more about vplug thanks.

jan55

thanks mate managed to download the the files today but i cannot see anything to do with vplug do i have to down load that on its own. my stb isv+duo image 1.7.8 and im useing windows 7 64 bit. i cannot see vplug in the read me thanks for uploading them. can you explain a bit more about vplug thanks.
Small help:
Copy or install vPlug 2.4.6 in folder C:/Fausto/EMU/Plugins and also copy new v_keys.db, v_sids.db in same folder! In FE Settings (folder EMU) put DVBPlugIns=1

kennyboy

Registered
thanks for your reply but searching the board but still cannot find vPlug 2.4.6 another small help please

kennyboy

Registered
Small help:
Copy or install vPlug 2.4.6 in folder C:/Fausto/EMU/Plugins and also copy new v_keys.db, v_sids.db in same folder! In FE Settings (folder EMU) put DVBPlugIns=1

thanks for your help ive managed to find vPlug 2.4.6 1/11/2012. so what do i do copy the hole lote into plugins or follow your post. is there a tut for it and how it works thank you.

kennyboy

Registered
thanks brummie i dont know how i ended up with vPlug 2.4.6 1/11/2012.ive downloaded the 1 on your link page 21 so im more confused now not sure which to use. i dont know if i can up load it not think ive go prev to do it thanks

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
post 204 was the one you want post 205 is a module you add to the vplug ive not used fausto i have used SBCL in the past and found this a lot easier to use than fausto

kennyboy

Registered
ive got the post 204 so i just install is there a how to with it when i have installed it.so the 1 ive downloaded 1.11.2012 is that a more up to date 1. so what ur saying im no need to use fausto and what is SBCL thanks

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
no i am not saying no need to use it,i was saying ive never used it and used SBCL instead as that seemed a lot easier to setup,i dont know what is opening with fausto,or even if SBCL is still working, but basically this is how it works you use vplug with SBCL on your pc/laptop config it to send the keys to your receiver by using CCCam with an N:line in your cccam.cfg

you probs getting even more confused now

kennyboy

Registered
i understand what your saying. and useing nlines in my cccam config so what am i best to use sbcl or fausto. i know it runs from pc and if key are rihgt it should open chanells just been looking at server tut if im right in saying the nlineis something like this

N: XXX.XXX.X.X 10000 dummy dummy 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09
10 11 12 13 14

and the xx are ip of stb and dummy is user and password and the

N: XXX.XXX.X.X 10100 dummy dummy 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09
10 11 12 13 14. 10100 is for provider and is the user and password the same for each nline i use thanks.

Last edited:

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
this is easy way to config

in tunner press stop, port should be 6001 client ip is your Vu+ ip, put that in and press start
now in your CCcam.cfg add the N: line at the top and save. change the bold & xxx xxx to your pc ip
N: 192.168.xxx.xxx 6001 test test 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

jan55

You install vPlug Server v1.0.2.21 (CCcam server v2.2.1 or v2.3.0 on Windows OS) - better than Fausto!
Configure and set by attached images:

At the end of the installation and settings - copy latest v_keys.db, v_sids.db and Softcam.key in the main folder.

In CCcam server (CCcam.cfg) on receiver add:
(example)
N: 192.168.1.5 12021 vplug_server ubuntu 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

:thum:

kennyboy

Registered
ill look at this if i get no joy with sblc because at the minute it dont seem to open any chanells thanks

kennyboy

Registered
this is easy way to config

in tunner press stop, port should be 6001 client ip is your Vu+ ip, put that in and press start
now in your CCcam.cfg add the N: line at the top and save. change the bold & xxx xxx to your pc ip
N: 192.168.xxx.xxx 6001 test test 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

thanks brummie i seem to be able to log in password and user are ok.do i need to use the sbclx2 on the tuner page.as i said nothing seems to clear yet.ive ran the programe but i dont see it in my c/programe files or c/programe files 86 so i dont know how or where to put new key (got to find new keys first) so have i installed it wrong or will it install somewhere else thanks.

kennyboy

Registered
right ive got it so it not a install programe because its in my documents. plus the server addy do i change that if so what to and how thanks.

snakie

Masare TEAM
There is nothing difficult in Fausto once you take the time and read.Lots of examples around.
It only becomes difficult for people that dont have a clue and dont want to read.